Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda Rincon?

Old 05-24-2003, 09:24 AM

Default Honda Rincon?

Anybody have one of these or know much about one and if so, How are they?
Thank you
Old 05-24-2003, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Honda Rincon?

I have ridden one and it was the best riding and handling quad that I have ever been on.It was however designed as a trail riding quad so it has no low range and smaller racks than most other machines.I bought the rubicon because it has low range,better engine braking for steep hills and larger racks.It doesn' t ride nearly as smooth as the rincon but it is more suitable to me for a hunting quad.If you want a quad for trail riding and will not be towing a lot of heavy loads the rincon is a fine choice but for a work quad I would look at the rubicon.Both are extremely reliable and much lighter than many of the other big bore quads.They both also offer real automatic transmissions instead of the belt drive that the other manufacturers use.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:58 AM

Stubblejumper pretty much stated my opinion . i don' t like the fact that they don' t have a low range. i use my atv for working. heck i already used it today to pull a big hickory limb to my smoker wood pile for cutting.
i have a foreman s and love it but if i was thinking about another i would look at the rubicon.

for trail riding i am sure they are great ,depends on what your going to do with it.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Soark, this is for your benefit. Check out the Polaris line.LOL.Looks like this will be another debate topic LOL.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-24-2003, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ruger-redhawk-I have riden polaris myself and they do ride well.However the polaris 600 and 700 both weigh 140 lbs more than the rincon,burn more fuel and don' t have a recoil start in case the battery or starter fails.They also use a belt drive wheras honda uses a real automatic transmission.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:16 PM

Ruger now i thought you would have been saying you wanted a honda!

I mean you have the best of everything else why not get the best atv?

I just can' t figure out why you insist on having such a low class atv!
Old 05-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stumblejumper, I know most of the posters opinions about the Polaris. That comment was to get soark going which seems to have worked well.If later on down the road I decide to buy another ATV I will definately look the Honda' s over.I did have a old Honda 3 wheeeler and it was a nice but small bike.
Soark you took the bait I set out.I knew you would like most of these ATV topics we get on.It' s no doubt Honda make a fine machine.I' m satisfied with my Sportsman 500. Mine is a 1997 and it still has less then 300 hours on it. The future remains to be seen. Thanks for the kind words about wanting the best of everything.I guess that' s why I bought the Polaris and Ruger' s over the Honda' s and Remington' s LOL. Whatever you buy there will be draw backs.
Now that I rattled your cage have a good night.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-25-2003, 11:28 PM

Dang ruger hondas have come a long way since the old atc90' s with the big old donut tires![]
Old 05-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Soark yeah they have. That' s exactly what I had way back when. A Honda ATC90.It was a good little bike and never had a problem with it. Those tires were like donuts.It was good to get you from point A to B but not much good for anything else.
ATV' s have changed allot of the years.You don' t think there is room for much improvement but they always prove us different.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Many of those old three wheelers are still running and some are over 20years old.They may be outdated but they sure are tough.

Quick Reply: Honda Rincon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.