Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ladder Stand or Climber?

Old 09-06-2009, 03:52 AM
Spike

I currently have a summit goliath, very comfy, but you have to find a suitable tree. Which blows, hard. not only do you have to find the right girth, but you have to find a tree that goes high enough without any limbs getting in the way. Severely limiting.

If i could go back and do it again, id get one of the climbing stick stands. Where you just bring 4 links that you attach to the tree, and you're good to go. the girth doesn't matter as much, and you can manuever around branches/ limbs.

Love the products out of lone wolf. Give those a go. Not as much comfort as some of the summits, but still very high quality, silent, and incredibly easy to transport and use.

Best of both worlds! the mobility of a climber, the ease of going up and down of a ladder. (especially helpful if you ever have to take a dump while out in the woods all day, or if you accidentally drop something. KEeps the sweat to a minimum too)

Last edited by RedStag86; 09-06-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Ladder stands! If set up correctly they wont squeak.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I have both!