Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Inrared on or off????

Old 08-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Question Inrared on or off????

Hello all,
We just bought a Stealth Cam STC-1430IR. It takes great pictures in the day and nice enough black and whites at night. I am basically happy with it. It does, however, white out at the same time in the am and pm, right around 7:30pm and 5:30 am. I am wondering if it is the sun rising and setting. It does NOT face the east or west, it faces north. I can deal with the white outs for now, but I do have a question:
What is the difference when the IR is on AUTO as opposed to OFF?
This is our first trail cam and we are just learning. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

I just researched it and got the answer, so no worries. If I'm right, the IR will not cause a white flash and without it, there will be a flash and the night time photos will be color. If I am wrong and you know it, please let me know. I don't know how the deer will react to that, I guess i can give it a try tonight. From what I read, the deer notice the IR too and eventually will get use to it or the white flash. I guess my question really was whether or not my camera will work AT NIGHT with the IR off?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

I dont think it will work at night with IR off. Atleast my cams have only IR for dark, no regular flash.