Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

tinks 69

Old 07-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default tinks 69

If you don't use tinks 69 I suggest you try it . Because It really bring those bucks in . Also if you make moc scrapes use tinks scape activator , which will make those bucks use the scrapes . Put several around your stand , and I promise you you'll see and hopefullly kill more bucks .
Old 07-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by fishinty
Put several around your stand , and I promise you you'll see and hopefullly kill more bucks .
Is there something wrong with bucks that we should really kill more of them?
Old 07-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

I had better luck with code blue and urine from local Pa. whitetails last year.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Typical Buck

Tinks69 has been around forever and I had used it years ago. Since then there are other lures such as Golden Estrus and Code Blue which have alot more $ rapped up into the manufacturing of them. Tinks comes in a dark bottle so that you cannot tell how old the urine is. If the urine is dark in color or has stuff floating inside it is not fresh and has not been handled to the standard that Golden E. or Code Blue has. Quality scents come in glass bottles that are tinted brown but not so dark that you can't see the product.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I tried it once and it smelled like oil of anise not deer urine.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Mixed deer whiz is mixed deer whiz, no brand of mixed whiz has been reliably shown to work better than any other in clinical trials. Deer are also exposed to Tink's more than all other mixed whiz combined every year due to marketing, if anything it should repel rather than attract them. I used their scrape activator last year, I live right next door to an 80 acre deer bedding area and not one deer visited the mock scrape I made, despite it being located at the crossing point of several hot travel routes.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:15 AM

code blue is the best. i set it up on a scent wick last year and had several differant bucks come and check it out on my trail cams.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

code blue is the best. i set it up on a scent wick last year and had several differant bucks come and check it out on my trail cams.
I read a study where new car air freshner worked better then real deer urine. Deer are naturally curious animals.

They check it out at night ?
Old 07-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the review! I've tried #69 several times during the rut where I know deer were and had no luck.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Charlie P
I read a study where new car air freshner worked better then real deer urine. Deer are naturally curious animals.

They check it out at night ?
Most of the breeding takes place at night because we have spent weeks stomping around the woods during light making the deer do almost everything at night only briefly allowing opportunites at dawn or dusk during the night to day or day to night transition. Curiousity scents do work but anything made of an artificial perfume such as car deodorants will 98 out of 100 times (not a scientific fact or quoted ratio) alarm the deer and put them on alert when they encounter the smell. So the theory that perfume or artificial air fresheners will work as well as a natural pheremone sex attractant during the rut (which it is designed specifically for) is highly unlikely in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.