Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Buck Bomb???

Old 07-16-2009, 03:30 PM

Default Buck Bomb???

Anyone had much luck on these? My husband swears by them but I haven't had any different luck when using them. What do you think the best attractant is out there? He doesn't set the whole can off at a time. He just sprays the ground with half the can and saves the other half for another hunt but I know he got a bunch on the ground last year using it.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

i used it once with no luck. I dunno
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

It really doesn't make since . H e say it works and you say it doesn't .How can that be, do you both hunt the same woods .I can see it might not work in one woods but work in another deer are funny animals maybe where he hunts the deer are more curious than the deer your hunting in a different woods.Myself I like to use doe-in-heat during the pre-rut put a drag line out heading to your stand then put it down wind on a branch about 20 yards out .
Old 07-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Special Golden Estrus in the bottle. It has been proven to work every place I have used it including different states. I have a daytime dripper that I hang as well as using the dragline making a half circle around my stand at 15 -20 yds. Just like rattling and everything else used for whitetail deer.... some days it works some days it don't depends on the deer and what stage of the rut he is in and how much testosterone he has pumping through him at that time. And more importantly... does he already have his nose on another doe because then all bets are off and he will do the dumbest things at that moment taking chances he never would have prior to the rut.

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 07-16-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

I have used them before and did not even see a deer.The best thing ever made that I have found is Tinks 69.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never tried it, but some kids set a can off in Walmart and boy is that stuff potent. I imagine that a deer's either going to run towards you or away from you. Oh, our Walmart now keeps it behind the counter.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

I tried this product several times last season......the first time I sprayed it a 4 pt came in within 5 minutes......I tried it several other times that season with no result.... so my assessment would be that if a deer is within range to catch the scent you have a good chance of bringing it in.....otherwise its a waste of $10........and do your best to not get it on yourself.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried the buck bomb once with no luck, but then again I don't like using scents. I try to use the real thing. Keep the does fat and happy and they will stick around when they come into heat. But I will say I have a friend that uses deer dander and says it works awesome.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Have never had any luck with the Buck Bomb
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I have to think that any product that injects that much scent into an area will more likely spook deer than attract them. A dripper or timed atomizer would be a better choice, and a lot more economical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.