Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

honda 450 es foreman

Old 05-03-2003, 04:56 PM

Default honda 450 es foreman

Finally got it narrowed down to this 4 wheeler, because im getting a real good deal on it. Anybody that has one of these are knows someone who has one, what do you think of it?
Old 05-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: honda 450 es foreman

Several people that I hunt with own the 450es and I have ridden them a fair bit.They are a very durable and reliable quad and make a great workhorse.They do however ride rough and steer heavily in four wheel drive.I chose the rubicon when I bought a new quad this spring mostly because it has the hydrostatic transmission but also due to the better ride and easier steering in four wheel drive.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:24 PM

If you have a good price lined up on one, just make sure it hasn' t been really abused. That' s the only way you' ll ever hurt one. Make sure the oil has been changed when needed. I' ve had one for four years and still love it and use it, almost daily, even in the winter.
stubblejumper is right, it is without a doubt, a work horse! Take care of it and it will make your life easier and much more fun!! Good luck with it.

critch
Old 05-05-2003, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

Love mine, I use it for work, and that' s what it' s best at.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan

Old 05-05-2003, 08:49 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Foreman ES is a great machine. I actually have a Rancher now and it' s great to ride as well. Smaller, but also a more nimble. I really had no need for anything bigger.

As far as ride, I have had no problems with the ride on a Foreman or the Rancher. Rubicon, to me, is just too pricey for my blood. The Foreman will not ride as solid as a bigger rig (like a 500 or bigger) bit is just fine as far as I' m concerned. Plus with Honda...if it' s been reasonably cared for...it' s hard to go wrong.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Just like TJD, I liked mine so much I now own a Rancher ES as well.

I looked at every other machine(except Polaris!), and still came back to the Rancher ES.

Great machines!

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan
Old 05-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also owned a rancher and found it to be a great machine but one ride on a rubicon and the hydrostatic transmission convinced me to replace the rancher with the rubicon.The transmission is just too smooth and the low range is great for towing and dragging.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Stubblejumper,
Little difference in price between the two though!

I' m sure the Rubicon is an awesome machine though, but with my 450ES/Rancher2x4ES combo, I probably won' t be buying one anytime soon.

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan
Old 05-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Northjeff-I was actually very fortunate myself and was able to purchase a very low mileage 2002 rubicon demo from my dealer for $2000 less than his best price on a new 2003 rubicon.With only 9 hours on it it was priced cheaper than a new 450es.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:47 AM

Booooo on Honda. Go with Yamaha. Just joking I own the 450 Kodiak by Yamaha and the 450 es. Both great bikes. You won' t be sorry and will enjoy it.

Quick Reply: honda 450 es foreman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.