Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit Climber question

Old 01-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another poster either on this site or another one recommended these straps to me after the plastic buckles broke on my Lone Wolf straps. I plan to pick up a pair for my Viper before next season.

http://www.thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=13
Old 01-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My old Tree Stand

came with a small rope already secure to the top part of the stand; then secure it to the lower part by tying the rope to it.
Its great instructions made sure you understood this procedure was to be done before you left the ground.
One of the reasons I never gave that tree stand up.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit Info- Recall and Other Info

RECALL

Summit has a recall on hanging bracket/ straps. It's up to you to keep informed

http://www.summitstands.com/

What every newbie needs to read besides forum posts.
Even if you don't own a Summit. It can help give some advice.

http://www.summitstands.com/assembly...ctions/default

"WHEN HUNTING FROM A TREESTAND, FALLS CAUSING INJURY
OR DEATH CAN OCCUR ANY TIME AFTER LEAVING THE GROUND!"

Some of my favorites

"Suspension trauma or blood pooling can occur when suspended motionless in a harness for periods of time. This can lead to unconsciousness and death. A suspension relief strap is furnished with your harness. Read your harness instructions to assure that you know how to use it."

"DO NOT USE ANY TREESTAND UNLESS YOU ARE IN GOOD PHYSICAL SHAPE AND HAVE NO PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS WHICH MAY PREVENT YOU FROM SAFELY USING THIS PRODUCT.
ALWAYS CONSULT A PHYSICIAN IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR PHYSICAL ABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT"
Old 01-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Garminator
I recently bought the Goliath and used it for the first time this weekend and I loved it, only I have a couple of questions for you climbing guru's... I noticed that the black plastic wascomingoff of the cables where they lock into the stand. Could that be normal wear due to the fact that it's rubber on metal? and last, should there be a strap or something that attatches the top to the bottom of the climber while climbing to prevent to lower part of the climber from sliding down under you accidentally while getting into position?
.cheapest place to get them is at LONE WOLF for 9.95 +2.50 SHIPPING .i guess they are selling like hotcakes at picnic from what lone wolf tells me.
funny, lone wolf users are using SUMMIT seat do to awful seat on LW.
summit users are using the LW straps to secure top/bottom of stand...

if you use LW stabilizer straps dont pull them down real snug or the plastic could break.just snug them down tight.
i like PLASTIC ones from lone wolf fot being quite.the THIRDHANDARCHERY ones are better because of metal clips vrs plastic on the lw.so you could cinch it down tighter with THA ones but i only snug the LW down,not tight.

www.bowfreaks.com

also there is video on the straps here
www.lonewolfstands.com and at www.thirdhandarchery.com

Last edited by sproulman; 01-30-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Spike

The Goliath's backpack straps double as the seat climber/ platform tether rope once the stand is attached to the tree. The instructions and illustrations are on page 7 of your owner's manual. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wvhuntin
The Goliath's backpack straps double as the seat climber/ platform tether rope once the stand is attached to the tree. The instructions and illustrations are on page 7 of your owner's manual. Hope this helps.

yes, but the stabilizer straps are better.look at video below.backpack straps you have to undo then they only hook in middle of stand.that wont STABILIZE the top to bottom.
watch video here.called STABILIZER STRAPS

www.thirdhandarchery.com

Last edited by sproulman; 01-30-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sproulman
yes, but the stabilizer straps are better.look at video below.backpack straps you have to undo then they only hook in middle of stand.that wont STABILIZE the top to bottom.
watch video here.called STABILIZER STRAPS

www.thirdhandarchery.com
Thanks for the link sproulman, looks like that will solve the problem of the top falling down.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wvhuntin
Thanks for the link sproulman, looks like that will solve the problem of the top falling down.
i have not got mine yet but my brother has.i tried it and it is great.you dont need the strap that comes with summit stands that wraps around tree to hold top on.thats 1 more thing not needed to do when you get there in tree.
you can leave your backpack straps alone and also the stabilizer straps too,nothing to take off or put on.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is very good advice. All stands should have these type of straps to make the upper section more stable. The rope or bungee attaching the two sections is a thing of the past.

You can get the LW stabilizer straps here. I like them better than the thirdhand straps (No Metal Buckles). I pull mine very tight so the top part of the stand has no movement and they have never broken.

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/shoppi...of-2)__SS.aspx

Lone Wolf Stabilizer Strap Video:

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/videog...er-straps.aspx

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
garminator,

Actually, a better idea would be to go on the Lone Wolf treestand site and order a set of their cinch-straps that they use for their climbing stands. There is alsoa video showing how they work. This would not only take care of the situation you describe but also enable you to really secure the stand once you have reached your desired hunting height. I think the straps are about $12.00. When I had a Lone Wolf sit and climb, they really helped stabalize the stand after you had reached your hunting height. These straps will work on any stand. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 01-31-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
This is very good advice. All stands should have these type of straps to make the upper section more stable. The rope or bungee attaching the two sections is a thing of the past.

You can get the LW stabilizer straps here. I like them better than the thirdhand straps (No Metal Buckles). I pull mine very tight so the top part of the stand has no movement and they have never broken.

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/shoppi...of-2)__SS.aspx

Lone Wolf Stabilizer Strap Video:

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/videog...er-straps.aspx

Be advised the buckles on the Lone Wolf stabilizer straps can and do break. One of mine broke in less than 1 hunting season. Course my Dad always said I could break an anvil! After my experience with the LW's I will be using the Thirdhand Archery straps.

Quick Reply: Summit Climber question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.