Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Danner Boots

Old 11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Spike

Default Danner Boots

Just purchased a pair of Danner boots for the upcoming hunt and have a question about them.

Do they have to be treated before wearing?

I would have assumed they would have been factory treated but I want to make sure as they were not cheap.

Thanks
jeff
Old 11-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Spike

Default RE: Danner Boots

They need to be treated with sweat from the inside out.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of Canadians. Wear them alot before hunting in them, scouting etc.. You will become used to them. Take care of them accordingly and they will serve youwell.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Danners are great boots. All I would say is buy some danner boot dressing and apply it every now and then to keep the leather from cracking and it can go right over the gore-tex no problem. I bought my first pair of danners this year and I don't think ill ever buy another brand, these are the best boots ive ever had on my feet.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah make sure you treat them regularly. I have used danners on a regular basis, but i took a new pair on elk hunt this year, and everyday my feet got wet. I put the biggest layer of sno-off on those boots to keep the water from gettin in.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Not all the models are made in Oregon anymore. Some models like the 400 Grand Slam (all leather version of the Pronghorn) I bought 2 years ago are made in China and I don't feel they are as good as the pronghorns. They squeek a bit and do leak a small amount. I use them only when I go to Colorado each year on elk hunts and they offer great traction and support. If I had to get another pair I would try Danner Canadians. They look super and have great looking treads.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

I snow seal annually.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of treatment do you guys recommend? I got a new pair last year and its taken until this year to break them in. Finally hunted in them and they are hands down the most comfy Ive ever worn. Very warm and very comfy even though I have a Chinese version of the Danners. I definitely plan on adding an American made pair of Danners to the mix now.