Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

reverse light modification

Old 03-25-2003, 10:13 AM

Default reverse light modification

We were goofing off one night riding fourwheelers and everytime we would back up someone would hit a tree or something. Just because you can' t see behind you. I have a mod that I would liek to share with you all. Take a light that you buy at walmart or anywhere that carries them. Make sure you get a small voltage one. Most fourwheelers have a light that tells you when you are in reverse. Run 2 wires to this light and splice into the 2 comming off of it. then run them back to the light mounted on your back rack. Now when you shift into reverse you can see behind you at night or early morning to back up. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:00 PM

Default RE: reverse light modification

Yea, I have thought of doing something similar. My fear was the power to the reverce indicator wasn' t enough to power a 50 watt light. So take a 12v relay and connect the coil like you discribed hooking up the aux light. Then connect the commen of the relay contacts thru a fuse to the +12, the NO (normaly open) contact to one side of the aux light, and finally, the ground side of the light to the frame or ground.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:53 AM

good Idea was thinking about hooking a brighter light up just had sat down and thought of how to wire it. Thanks for doing the thinking for me.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a good idea

Whered you get that sheep, ? It fell off a truck?[]
Old 04-01-2003, 03:43 PM

Ok too take this one step further I use the flood lights off of an old rechargable exit/emergency light to light up the storage areas of my camper. You could easily use one of these ( they come in 12v dc) and get some really bright light that would amaze you.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:14 PM

A buddy of mine just wired his Rancher up for a reverse light so it only comes on in reverse when the light' s are on. I believe it took a couple relays. he wired me up a start in gear switch for my Foreman too. He said the reverse light would cost me a half rack of beer though. I guess I will let him go for it and quit giving him crap about if he bought a 450 instead of a 350 he would' nt have to back-up.