Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Doghouse Blind

Old 03-21-2003, 05:44 PM

Default Doghouse Blind

My doghouse blind finally came in and i set it up and love it. Just wondering if you guys use the mesh over the windows or take it out. It would work really good because it makes it so you cant see into it at all but was wondering how good can you shoot through it, i mean does it affect your shot with gun or bow? i would like to use it but am not sure if it would work good or not.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Doghouse Blind

Wickman

I looked at several blinds before I decided to get the doghouse. I love mine.

If you install the mesh as tight as you can get it ove the windows you can shoot your arrows through it with no problem. I only shoot fixed blade through mine and have hear you really can' t shoot mechanicals through them. My point of impact is exactly the same through the mesh. Hard to believe and I can' t explain it but it works! I have never used mine for gun hunting but will this sprng with my son on his first turkey hunt.

Good Luck!
Old 03-22-2003, 12:24 PM

I shoot fixed blades to so hopfully ill have no problems ill take some practice shots, but i dont want to rip it up to much with a bunch of practice shots.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:13 AM

I have one comming. Never considered using one untill I read a thread them in turkeyhunting . I never considered seriously bow hunting turks , now I will give it a try .
If you were to shoot a gun inside one of these without the muzzle protruding outside wouldn' t it be really loud ? What do you think about it ?
Old 03-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

it all depends on what you are hunting, if your hunting turkeys than don' t worry about the net, however, if you are hunting deer and it is not brushed in than you should put up your net, The big black holes stick out to a deer. keep in mind that you will lose about 15 min. of light in a blind. Also, you can shoot threw the net with mechanicals you just have to have the right ones. I shoot Rocket Steelheads threw mine, I just double up on the rubberband and it goes right threw the netting on my double bull blind. You should practice often first so you don' t second guess you self when the big ten point or the big Tom comes in.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 11:30 PM

Im getting pretty excited to give it a try.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

well hope it works out for ya wick