Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Face Masks...what are you using??

Old 03-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Face Masks...what are you using??

I' m still looking for a face mask that is comfortable, quick to put on and when not in use not hot to wear around the neck. I saw in Cabela' s a unit called Face Gear which is suppose to stick to your skin? Anybody ever use it? Trying to find face paint is getting harder and harder to find. Any suggestions on face masks??
Old 03-18-2003, 06:19 AM

Default RE: Face Masks...what are you using??

I' m so good looking I don' t need a face mask. Actually I found a nice mesh one last year that worked good, I used it over a regular face mask when it was cold, if it was worm I' ld just wear the mesh. I think you can find them in wal-mart for less then $5.00
Old 03-18-2003, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

For the past 3 years I' ve used a scent-lok facemask. For the 14 years before that, I use a cotton mask with an oval opening for my eyes, the same style as the scent-lok. During the winter temps-15-20 or below, I use a scent-lok, with a knit mask over it.

Just a note, if you are using scent-lok without a scent-lok mask, don' t bother using the scent lok in the first place. Most of your heat and scent goes right out your head.

Jeff..U.P. of Michigan
Old 03-18-2003, 07:31 AM

I tried the first scent lok head covers and they were too stiff and couldn' t hear. Bought the new soft model with earholes and that is the best thing i' ve bought. Keeps the stink in and I can hear great.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I mostly us a nija style mess camo mask, I can' t remember the manufacturer(but like the HS Nija). It is light and when I bought it real stiff. I put it in my dishwasher with some baking soda detergent and set it on regular wash. My dishwasher has 3 wash and 3 rinse cycles, this made the material very limp and soft. It is light and very comfortable to wear up or down. I like this one bc I can hear well, mouth/eye holes and it is open at the back, so when down it isn' t all balled up.

I tried that net or face mesh mask, that conforms to your face...I hated it. Felt like spider webs to me....yuk
Old 03-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve been using a HS net face mask with the two hole eye cutouts.Covers your face and keeps those pesty MO-Skeeters out.If it' s cold I have a woolen(?) face mask.HS has a couple different styles.I don' t care for the one with the Oval hole. That plastic bridge is irritating to me.
RugerRedhawk
Old 03-18-2003, 03:56 PM

I use the 3/4 Bandito. It pulls up or down without taking my hat off and since it' s somewhat loose around the face , it' s great for keeping ' skeeters back.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll give ya one Chuck ! ...BT
Old 03-19-2003, 04:39 AM

I tried the masks But didn' t like them
I' ll stick with the Makeup
I have my wife pick up extra Black Halloween make up when she goes for the kids Costumes. Then I keep a tube in my hunting case
AL
Old 03-20-2003, 02:17 AM

I have been using for three years a Mossey Oak Hat with a light mask sewn into the brim. It covers my ears and the eye opening is wide. I always know where it is and I can have it on in a couple seconds. I like the way it drapes over my face instead of feeling constricted.
I think they call it the Gamespotter Hat .

Quick Reply: Face Masks...what are you using??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.