Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit Skin?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Summit Skin?

Had to buy a new Summit Viper late last year after someone decided they needed mine and took itoff the deck[:@]! That is a whole different story but anyway, I did'nt put theSummit Skinon because this happened during November and I wanted to hunt. For those that have Summit stands, do you like the Summit Skin and is it worth the time to install it? Does it need to "cure" or anything before you hunt with it? The VA bow season starts Sept 6th and I will be using the Viper with or without the Summit Skin.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Summit Skin?

i have the razor and it didnt come with the skin b/c they were upgrading it but when they had done so they put it on mine, its def quieter, not that it was loud, i like mine anything that can dampen the sound of something that might fall is great, by the way where in va are u hunting sept 6th, i live in roanoke and there are a few areas that have that aswell
Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: balle006

i have the razor and it didnt come with the skin b/c they were upgrading it but when they had done so they put it on mine, its def quieter, not that it was loud, i like mine anything that can dampen the sound of something that might fall is great, by the way where in va are u hunting sept 6th, i live in roanoke and there are a few areas that have that aswell
Thanks for the reply. I hunt in the Danville/Martinsville areas.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM

no problem, i dont know if they do know but did yours come with the skin or not, if it didnt you can contact summit and they will send it to you for free, thats cool you hunt in that area, i will be hunting for the most part in catawba and bedford, how is the hunting in that part.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: balle006

no problem, i dont know if they do know but did yours come with the skin or not, if it didnt you can contact summit and they will send it to you for free, thats cool you hunt in that area, i will be hunting for the most part in catawba and bedford, how is the hunting in that part.
My stand did not come with it either but they sent it to me several weeks later. As far as the hunting goes, I can't help you much there. I travel to Catawba every once and awhile for work and have seen some deer there. Always thought the deer hunting would probably be good there.

If I'm not mistaken, Bedford county usually ranks pretty high in the state on a consistent basis in terms of deer killed each year. You could probably go to the VDGIF website and research the numbers if you were curious.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a summit viper this summer and it didn't come with summit skin. How did you get them to send it to you? Was it for free or did you buy it from them? I have been looking to get it for my stand but if I can get for free then that would be a plus. Thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine had a form in the box to send in for the Summit Skin.I'm sure if you go to their website they would send you some if you explain that your stand did not have it. Summit has top notch customer service.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks VAhuntr, I will try and get in touch with them. Were you able to get out this past weekend for the Urban Season?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: flips2

Thanks VAhuntr, I will try and get in touch with them. Were you able to get out this past weekend for the Urban Season?
I had plans to but with Hanna coming through I decided to stay at home.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I know what you mean, I tried to go out in the evening around 5:00pm but all the roads to my spot were flooded.