Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Broadhead entry/exit hole pics

Old 09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Spike

Default RE: Broadhead entry/exit hole pics

WOW! How far did it run after the shot? I had used Rocket Aerohead Hammerheadsfor10yearsuntil last year I switched to a fixed blade Sabre Titanium. I have several friends who use Rockets, they swear by them. That is a massive hole. Great shot placement too. Good job.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 AM

I say 25 to 30 yards. It's so thick in the woods right now I lost sight of it after about 20 but I could see the tree it ran into wobble a little bit after it went down. I had no problems with the blood trail as I think I said before, it was almost like somebody was walking and spilling paint from a can. Yeah I think Rocket makes good heads, i'm actually quite partial to quite a few of them, the ol' buckblaster is simply my favorite though. Only thing about them is you can only use them once (you can get replacement blades etc but overall a one shot deal) but personally I wouldn't use a head more than once in a row anyways. And as you pointed out, the placement was pretty much perfect, all that practicing paid off. I plan on posting more throughout the season, and I will post pics of other broadheads used by my friends as well. Happy hunting all and shoot straight!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Rage two blade. He ran approximately 50 yards and died in less than 45 seconds.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: hamslam

Okay, here we go. Because this may not be suitable for all folks I am not posting a pic directly but rather a link to my photobucket account

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg13/fewmanchu/100_3467.jpg

Now that was a slightly angling away broadside shot, pass through with a Rocket Aerohead Buckblaster broadhead. I had to dig the arrow out of the ground, it buried it up to the nock. I had nobody to hold the leg in it's regular position for the picture, and if I did the hole is approximately 4" diameter, which is alot bigger than I expected as well. I will post more throughout the year.
Your arrow went 2+ feet into the ground!?!?!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 PM

Yup, believe it or not it was buried. I think the fact that the ground was saturated with rain for the day before and morning of helped though, the arrow was buried in mud not dirt. Maybe that might help a little lol