Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Browning jackets

Old 03-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Browning jackets

I' m looking to buy a new hunting jacket this year since mine is pretty old and the collar is a bit annoying. I currently have an older Bob Allen D.U. shooting jacket that is good for warm & cold weather. I really like the fact that it doesn' t pull up when I bring my gun up and it' s fitted, not bulky. I' ve looked at a few different jackets out there and I' m not too impressed. I found they are either really bulky and uncomfortable or they are very noisy (material is not soft) and the collars are real big. I don' t think I want to buy from Cabelas or Bass Pro since you really have to make sure it fits well and is comfortable too. What do you guy' s use and do you like the Browning systems? I like the fact that they can be interchanged for hot, cool or extremely cold weather. I would like just one jacket but if I have to go this way then I just might. I usually wear sneaky leaf on the outside so the camo pattern doesn' t really matter. I just am having a hard time justifying the price of some of these jackets...this is beginning to be a rich man' s sport. I know that you usually get what you pay for so help me out fellas. JDinAB
Old 03-05-2003, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning jackets

JD, I just bought a Stealthtex Insulated Parka in Predator Fall Grey. (my favorite camo). It isn' t an artic style coat, but i like layering better than one big garmet. It has a wind stopper lining, 200 grams of thinsulate and it very quiet. I bought it for that reason alone. I have been wearing it while out yote hunting and shed hunting this winter and with normal layering it has been excellent. If interested take a look at the predator website www.predatorcamo.com. I know Sherwood Park Archery Lanes, sell a lot of predator-FYI.

Again I am into layering for warmth, so this may not be what your looking for, it wouldn' t be a single garment for extreme cold.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:47 PM

i boiught a browning hydro fleece at a hunting show and it still did not fit right. great stuff but the sizes seem to be off.i finally got one from cabelas and it fit great. sure is warm also.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Well I went to Wholesales Friday and picked up a Columbia Silent Hunter 4 in 1 parka. What an amazing jacket! Went sporting clays Sunday and was warm as could be with just the liner on. If anyones looking for a new coat I would highly recommend this one...runs about $420+tax can. but well worth it