Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Schnee's Bozeman

Old 06-02-2008, 06:15 AM

Default Schnee's Bozeman

Hi-

This is my first post, so "hello" to everyone.

I am strongly considering buying a
SCHNEE'S Bozeman High 8"
and was wondering if any of you could give me some insight. Are these good boots? Are they larger/wider than normal boots? I had a pair of Danner boots size 8.5 but most of my other shoes are size 9 so I am little worried about which size to get.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Pete

Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Schnee's Bozeman

I've worn Schnee's pac boots for years...although not the one's you refer to. They are EXCELLANT, WELL MADE, VERY COMFORTABLE boots. I don't recall their sizes running much different than "normal" (whatever that means). I just bought a size large enough to accomodate my foot comfortably while wearing liners and a heavy wool hunting sock. BTW, welcome to this fine forum!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't help you with direct experience.I am in the process myself of buying a new pair of boots from Schnee's.I was torn between the Lowa Seeker GTX and the Bozeman.I opted for the Lowa.The Bozeman description sounds excellent and the liner is an event liner which is the cutting edge material for breatheable water proof garments.
Wish I could help more!
I will be interested to hear how you make out.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:10 AM

thanks guys.

I encountered another problem. Schnee's page says an US size 9 is the equivalent to an European size 41. Since all my shoes and all the conversion charts I found state that 9 is the equivalent to 43. I wrote an email to Schnee's and they told me that size 9 is the equivalent to an European 39. What the hell?

Peter
Old 07-07-2008, 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Can't help you with direct experience.I am in the process myself of buying a new pair of boots from Schnee's.I was torn between the Lowa Seeker GTX and the Bozeman.I opted for the Lowa.The Bozeman description sounds excellent and the liner is an event liner which is the cutting edge material for breatheable water proof garments.
Wish I could help more!
I will be interested to hear how you make out.
So I finally got my Schnee's and guess what? They fit perfect right of the box, look good and everything is great,

BUT after half an hour walking through wet grass my socks are soaked. Now I have to return them...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry to hear that they wet through! I have gotten my boots (Lowa) but I havn't worn them outside yet.They are verycomfortable and goretex lined so hopefully they will be what I was hoping for.