Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

The best Lock-on stand?

Old 05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The best Lock-on stand?

What are everyones thought an the best lock-on stand. Which stand do you use an enjoy sitting in for extended period of time.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The best Lock-on stand?

summit coperhead
Old 05-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto the Summit. I am big fan of the original Ol' Man climber stand designs and have 4 that I use come deer season, however I have used my cousin's Summit lock-on and climber. Both are new for 2007 designs. I forget the "model name". At 6'1" and 275# I look for strength and ruggedness. Both of these were stout, stiff, quiet ... and about as roomy and comfortable as I could imagine. I do not own a Summit, but from my experience with his can highly recommend them.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

for a lock on stand I would say Gorrilla
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 AM

I've used many over the years, none come close to these
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=351924
I have several of them, you could sleep out of them if you wanted to. Only negative i can say is that it is very heavy. they have a very nice relaxed position while sitting
Old 06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Gorilla Kong that works good for me.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking for comfort I believe the most comfortable and quietest hang on made is the gametamers. I have two of the big ones and I also have a arsenol of other stands that I have spent a small fortune on but I dont want to sit in anything else other than the gametamer's. I guess I am getting older and a little fatter but for me comfort is where it's at these days...The only difference in the new ones and the ones I have is that mine have the full boat seat....

http://www.gametamers.com/tree-stand-30-p-2.html?cPath=cPath&zenid=889ce1d7102e099b0fec0 16c11f03082
Old 06-09-2008, 07:12 PM

I agree on the gorilla stands, for the price mine is quiet and light and has a large platform for my big feet.

I also like the Millinium m100, little pricey but great for a long day in the tree.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Spike

the mill lock on is great for long days. I've never been one to be able to sit for long periods, but i purchased one last year and it was great for comfort and stability, plus having the added bonus of being able to pack the stand out when you leave (for those with theft worries). I have the one stand and three receivers now. The good thing about the mill. is that your price per stand decreases per locations, because all you need to buy is another receiver bracket and a set of sticks/steps.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:54 PM

I agree about the millennium lock on. They are very comfortable for an all day sit.

The cheapest I have found it is at www.scottsoutdoors.com .

MILLENNIUM LOCK-ON (Style # M100)
by MILLENNIUM STANDS

[align=center] [/align]
$179.99

Make your selection.

Product Description:
Textiline Sling Seat Comfortable one-piece Textiline sling seat is UV, moisture, and scent resistant. Secure Receiver Chain Receiver chain with Cam-Lock system ensures stand is always solidly secured. Lightweight Fluted Tubing Exclusively designed for The New Millennium, all-aluminum tubing and extrusions are fluted to reduce weight. 38'L x 20'W Platform Constructed of triangular tubing, this platform easily supports up to 300 lbs. All-welded Seams No bolts here, only all-welded seams for superior strength and construction. All-Aluminum Receiver Patent Pending Cam-Lock Receiver safely secures stand to any location without penetrating or damaging the tree. All-Aluminum Receiver Arm Specially designed male seat fitting slips into Cam-Lock Receiver easily and quietly to have hunters hunting in seconds.Bungee Strap Closure Permanently mounted bungee strap keeps folded stand securely closed during transport.1,600 lb. Capacity Platform Cables Hefty cables keep even the Big Boy hunters? mind at ease and on the hunt. Featherlight All-Aluminum Construction

After that, For the price I like the gorilla king kong or regular kong.....

FTR3184708
Gorilla King Kong Treestand
Price

Hang on stand features flip up seat with removable 2" camo cushion, Traxion a slip-resistant coating, adjustable back pack straps and easy cinch claw strap for attaching to the tree. Stand weighs 18 lbs. with a 300 lb. weight rating per mfg. Platform is 24" X 30", seat is 19" X 12" wide and 20" high.

Mfg Item Number: 40078

$69.99

FTR3184808
Gorilla Kong Treestand
Price

Hang on stand features flip up seat with removable 2" camo cushion seat, Traxion a slip-resistant coating, adjustable back pack straps and easy cinch claw strap for attaching to the tree. Stand weighs 15 lbs. with a 300 lb. weight rating per mfg. Platform is 21" X 27", seat is 15" X 9" wide and 20" high.

Mfg Item Number: 40077

$59.99

I know Scotts also has a brand called Big Dog that is a lot like the gorilla, but a little cheaper. If you look at them you will have to do a search on the website to bring them up as they are not listed yet.

MET

Quick Reply: The best Lock-on stand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.