Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Found my next treestand purchase

Old 02-12-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Found my next treestand purchase

While strolling around the Outdoor Expo in Harrisburg, PA. yesterday I stopped at a booth that was displaying a treestand that I have never seen before. It was a lock on style, and after climbing into the display, found it to be very comfortable and well made. I hunt mostly public ground, and never thought I' d be able to use a lock on stand for fear of losing it to thieves, but this stand had some theft preventative measures built right in! And it doesn' t use the " t-screw" to attach to the tree, making it legal to use here in PA. I' ve got a lot of " hot" deer locations in my hunting area that I haven' t been able to hunt because I use climbers only, but this stand would allow me to hunt these areas without trimming limbs off of publicly owned trees. The treestand maker is Braun Woodke, and their website is www.easywaytreestand.com The stand is a bit pricey compared to some of the others, but is a lot safer to enter than a lot of the others, also! You have to check this manufacturer out if you' re in the market for a new stand! When I get my first paycheck with some overtime on it, I' ll be ordering one!