Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stand?

Old 02-08-2003, 07:09 PM

Default Stand?

Ok im buying a stand tommorow and i was wonder where do start. Whats the best overall climbing stand for under 200$? Im about 6' and 150 lbs and i dont want something to small or something way to big.
Thanks
Old 02-08-2003, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Stand?

Also, I will be using this for bow hunting
Old 02-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

My suggestion is instead of just rushing out and buying one you know nothing about shop around first.I maybe wrong but for under 200.00 you're not going to get much of a climber. I have a friend who is small and he uses a TomcatII.You're tall but thin so the TomCat might be alright for you.I personally don't think much of the Tomcat but he likes it and has had it for a long time.I would see if any of your friends have any you can try and see how you like it. Once you buy it the chances are you stuck with it or will have to sell it at a big loss.Treelounge(TL) old versions were hard to beat. The new versions leave allot to be desired.Shop around ,check stores catalogs.Next hunting season is a way off. You have plenty of time finding one to fit your needs.Just to rush out to get one I don't recommend.If you can find a Old Version Treelounge with a bow hunting adapter you're set for comfortable hunting.The new version is just as comfortable but has a tendency to slip while ascending and decending.There is a post now on this forum about the so called "Improved" TL.Read the comments there.
Ruger Redhawk

..... A Proud NRA Life Member since 1977 .....Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-09-2003, 02:29 PM

I would suggest to shop hard and find a Summit Viper. You may have to save a few more pennies to get it, but it will be well worth the pennies. Especially with season a few months off.

If not, then search for a used one which you can buy for that amount or less. Do not skimp on your stand, your back will regret it.

Jim

Visit me on the Web...
http://www.huntinginga.com