Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New Chair Blind is cool

Old 11-06-2007, 06:47 AM

Default New Chair Blind is cool

I just picked up one of these at Dicks sporting goods for only $ 49 and I really like it great for tree rat hunting,its a bit too tight for bows but if you have a real short draw it may work, its more for gun hunting. I really dig the new camo and would love to find it on some clothes.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:50 AM

Default RE: New Chair Blind is cool

DSP has these.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I've been wanting to get one of those for gun hunting.(Makes mental note to stop by D I C K's on way home)
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I received one of these as a gift last year. It was the ameristep brand. Anyway, the first day i used it Ibrushed it in as i would any other ground blind. It was sleeting, and snowing but i was very comfortable. Around 7:30 a nice 7pt buck came from right to left in front of me at about 30-40 yards. Took him and he never knew I was there.

FYI, there is no way to use a bow out of this blind. way to small. I am around 6ft 200 lbs, with a 30" draw so not very big.
I thought it was great to keep me out of the elements. I actually sit back in the chair with a monopod shooting stick in front of me. Very comfortable
Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Spike

I never saw these b4. The Ameristep brand says 250 lb rating for the chair. Since I'm over that is there any way another chair could replace that one if it breaks? How is it attatched to the blind? And DannyD how much legroom do you have? I'm 6'1" and 280. Whats your opinion?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tenpointer65

I never saw these b4. The Ameristep brand says 250 lb rating for the chair. Since I'm over that is there any way another chair could replace that one if it breaks? How is it attatched to the blind? And DannyD how much legroom do you have? I'm 6'1" and 280. Whats your opinion?
I have the same blind and mine is a AAG951 model ALL ABOUT GAME and I purchased mine at d i c k' s sporting goods the chair in mine is rated at 295# this is a sweet blind especially for fence rows easy to hide if you can't find em on sale at d i c k' s go to www.natchezshootersupply.com they have the AAG950 model for 39.95 I'm pretty sure the only thing different is the model number alot of times at d i c k' s if you ask at the checkout for promotions sometimes they have 10% or $10.00 coupons for the public at the cash register.........Ted
Old 11-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

I bought one for my wife last year and she loves it. Seen somewhere that they have came out with a larger version for bowhunting.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:27 AM

The blind is attached to the chair, its a nice sturdy chair and on the box it said 295 lbs.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 AM

P.s.,.....there plenty of leg room, its really a very sweet little blind and I've owned a few, I do like the smaller ones like this, very low profile and just so easy to hide. I had one stolen and one broken but now I found a way to lock them up and leave them, easy anuff to lock the chair to a tree with cable and leave it out a while.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:37 AM

Close up camo pic here.

Quick Reply: New Chair Blind is cool

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.