Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

GAME EARS...

Old 11-04-2007, 09:20 AM

Default GAME EARS...

Don't want to spend a fortune on Walker's Game Ears but I am in need of a pair for my daughter. They don't really have to amplify things I guess, just have to be able to block out the gunfire noise but she'd need to be able to hear my conversation with her.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Spike

Default RE: GAME EARS...

Check out the Caldwell Sound-Right Ear Muffs. Smith and Wesson also makes a model called "Active Listening." Both are cheaper than Game Ears, but the quality may not be as good.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM

I have read a number of reviews on various sites, and most people reccomend not going with the knock-off brands. Why take a chance with your daughters hearing being impared when you could spend a bit more money and be more assured that the product will do the intended job? Or you could just go with earplugs. I use earplugs when i am looking to block out the guns noise and not worried about amplifying sounds in the woods. Plus, you are still able to hear someone talking to you with earplugs in.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Remington R2000's and I like them. They are slim so you can still fit your head on a stock nicely.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of walker's muffs and they work as advertised. With these you can just barely whisper and it can be heard. I understand where you are coming from with the price thing but I figured go ahead and get the best and possibly avoid some headaches with the cheaper ones not working.