Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

SVL Barrel De-Resonator

Old 09-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default SVL Barrel De-Resonator

LimbSaver® by SVL Barrel De-Resonator

Regular price $18.99
Designed to dampen out unwanted vibration by shortening the overall settling of the barrel. Accuracy benefit is immediate, providing sub-minute angle groups with over-the-counter factory ammunition. Easy to install. Manufactured with LimbSaver's proprietary NAVCOM® (Noise and Vibration Control Material) for maximum performance and accuracy. Color: Black. Made in USA.

do these actually improve accuracy or is it another gimmick?

Old 09-24-2007, 05:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: SVL Barrel De-Resonator

I've seen the results from a few tests, don't waste your money.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I've seen the results from a few tests, don't waste your money.
all the research i've done via internet shows mixed results. most say they do work to some extent but it's just a "patch" for other rifle problems. my rifles shoot good but i would always be happier with tighter groups.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Taking your rifle to a gunsmith to have it accurized will do far more for it than any "slap on" gadget, the reviews I've seen were all negative. This disappointed me since I really like Sims products.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i find it hard to believe that Sims would spend that kind of money in research to produce a product that does not work. kinda makes me think that it might work but some people would rather dump $500.00 to $1,000.00 in their "hunting" rifles at a gunsmith because that's what they have always done. i believe you shouldn't use this as a band aid fix for other problems BUT if there is nothing wrong with your rifle...you just want a little tighter groups, then why not?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

I had one on my 300 wsm that was given to me for my b-day and although it takes a long time to find the perfect position on your barrel it does work. The differenceisnt that much.For me was about 1/8 of and inch BUTit does work and Im no long range shooter thats for sure. Would probably be better at distances greater than 250 yds but thats all I sighted mine in for.Whether its worth buying one, maybe if you shoot 250 +. Its only 18 bucks though soyour not out much. But I think the accurizing is a much better idea if you can afford it.