Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lawsuit Filed Againgt Scent-Lok

Old 09-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Lawsuit Filed Againgt Scent-Lok

http://www.heinsmills.com/scent-lok.html

A lawsuit for "Fraud" was filed in a Minnesota Court on September 13,2007, by Theodore Robert Carlson, Mike Buetow, Gary Steven Richardson, Jr., and Joe Rohrbach, against A L S Enterprises Inc. (Scent Lok), and Cabela's Inc., Gander Mountain Company, Bass Pro Shops Inc. and Browning Arms Company, all of which are either licensed by Scent Lok to sell activated carbon clothing, or are actively involved in selling activated carbon clothing. Activated clothing companies not listed in this law is Robinson Laboritories/Scent Shield, Gore and Whitewater.

The reason for the law suit was stated as "Diversity-Fraud", which may imply that these companies either knowingly made false advertising claims about activated carbon clothing, or they knew that the clothing could not and did not perform as those companies claimed.

You can view this case by going to
http://www.justia.com and clicking on the "District Courts' Civil Case" link in the second box on the left, then type in "Cabela's" in the "Name" category.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lawsuit Filed Againgt Scent-Lok

I couldnt get to the page where it laid out the suit! I would LOVE to read it.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

The only thing I see is two personal injury suits.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

scent-lok is a joke anyway. i DO try to reduce my scent but i don't go overboard with expensive clothing. hunt high and use the wind to your advantage.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

If a company promotes a product that they know doesn't work then they deserve to be sued, if their product works as advertised they have nothing to fear.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Kevin. It serves them right for selling a bad product.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:49 PM

This is how I found out first hand that scent lockclothes are a joke...

I was hunting one time with my Dad & his buddy several years ago when scentlock was fairly new. On the drive up to the hunting grounds, he was talking about how great his new scent lock camo was (which he was wearing), and how warm & comfortable it was, and how well the pattern blended in to this area we were going to. He says "plus the deer won't be able to smell me!" When we get to where we were going, we're getting our rifles out & packs on, etc., standing relatively close to each other. He lays a big fart which got all our attention and it stunk so bad I almost gagged. Then I said "that was through the scent lock!" We were trying to be quiet, but were dying laughing!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

lmao
Old 10-02-2007, 04:51 AM
Spike

Well short of being sealed in a plastic bag, I wouldn't expect any clothing to stop the odor from a big fart.
Get realistic on your expectations.

I don't own any scent lock clothing, So I can't speak with any first hand knowledge. But I would not expect that putting a shirt or pants on would stop 100% of human odor.
I would expect them to help minimize the normal odors that a body puts off. But odors from you breath, from a fart, from big sweat rings under your arm pits are still odors that animals will smell. We are just trying to minimize how much odor gets into the wind. We will never totally eliminate it.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

good old baking soda to wash clothes in,and a bottle of vanilla will do for cover.

Quick Reply: Lawsuit Filed Againgt Scent-Lok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.