Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

gorilla climbing treestands vs Summit vs Tree Lounge

Old 08-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Default gorilla climbing treestands vs Summit vs Tree Lounge

Has any body out there in Huntingnet Land ever used a Gorilla climber? I have been a loyal TomCat Tree Climber for years but recently I have wanted something more comfortable to sit for longer periods of time. I have looked at the Summit 180 and I have some concerns about the foot holders for climbing and the cable system in the back. I didn't even think about Gorilla climbers until today when I went to the Bass Pro Shops and it looked like a nice stand. Also how would you all compare the Tree Lounge to these stands. I'm afraid of heights (but will climb for deer) so I want the stand that provides the most secure feeling. I have a nice full body harness but don't want to have it save me.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Default RE: gorilla climbing treestands vs Summit vs Tree Lounge

BUY THE SUMMIT!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

imo, the safest most secure feeling your gonna get will be from a Tree Lounge. however, unless you spend the extra money for the bowhunter platform, you can not stand and stretch. i will say though, the TL is by far the most comfortable stand i have ever sat in. i am currently in the market for another stand...i still love my TL but i want another stand for a second location. i was looking at the Gunslinger, which looks comfortable. the only drawback i see with the Gunslinger is not being able to hunt facing the tree. for my second stand i want the option of facing or facing away from the tree.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Fork Horn

I got my Gorilla last fall from Cabellas. I like it a whole lot. Looked at it and the Summit but found I liked the platform more on the Gorilla (it was a bit bigger)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buy the Summit, hands down. I'm 350 pounds and have had absolutely no security issues as far as staying in the tree goes, even in one shagbark hickory. The stirrups are AMAZING for climbing, no screwing around with straps to get your feet into, and for comfort, no one beats Summit. If you go with the new 1800 Max from Summit,I will be jealous. The goliath used to be the biggest one, but the 180 is bigger, mostly like having a Barca lounger in the tree!