Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit Stands

Old 12-30-2002, 07:20 PM

Default Summit Stands

I just recently recieved a catalog for Summit stands in the mail, and was wondering how do they stack up to API stands, and tree lounges etc. In your opninion what is the best stand for the $? The Viper XLS looks real nice in this catalog, does anyone have this stand? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-31-2002, 02:34 PM

Default RE: Summit Stands

I have a Viper XLS, buy one you won't be dissapointed. IMO it is better than the API, no pins or bolts, quiet, comfortable & SAFE. Plus it comes with a full body harness, you can't go wrong with a Summit.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:05 PM

I too have the viper, recommend it highly, its light quiet and comfortable, what else can you ask for.

and for what its worth i am on my second one,a weld broke on my old one after about four years of use. I called summit and they overnighted me a new one no questions asked, and no charge applied.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Judging by the amount of recalls on API products I would be extremely wary of them. My brother owns a Summit Revolution and I own a new treelounge ..Lets just say I feel a heck of a lot safer up in a tree with the treelounge. Now for bowhunting I am not going to put on the adapter on the treelounge so the Summit is better in that regard . I can shift my weight in the treelounge and make no noise I cannot say the same for any other stand. The treelounge is lighter as well and the comfort factor is hard to beat.