Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

This is really buggin me...

Old 07-14-2007, 09:38 PM

Default This is really buggin me...

Im stuck between a camo and a hard place. If only I could see how these work in person but none of our local sporting goods stores cary much camo. Im trying to look for a pattern that will not only break up my outline but work for both fall deer and spring turkey. I have it narrowed down to these patterns. The ones with the * are the ones Im liking myself not sure if they will work though...PLEASE HELP

[ol][*]Natural Gear*[*]Realtree AP*[*]Enigma G2[*]Predator Fall Brown[/ol]
Thanks so much yall!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: This is really buggin me...

Most of my camo is predator brand camo,I just replaced a old set of fall browns with Brown Deception which I personally like better. That said I have a set of insulated nat. gear which i also like, but IMHO it isn't quite asversatile as predator. Great on the plains or grassy area butnot as goodin the trees/brush here. In honesty my most used camo pattern is still Predator Fall Grey, with all the poplar and willowsI hunt simply haven't found anything as effective. I hunt on the ground as well but in a treestand fall grey isan awesome pattern to have in your tickle trunk.

G2 looks interesting, though never seen it up close.
I am not a Realtree fan, sorry!!

If your in a brown breakup camo pattern may also want to consider ASAT, it was close to being my replacement for the predatorfall brown.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 AM

Hey thanks skeeter! I was also considering deception as well. I was also thinking that natural gear really only looks good for plains or something else because of how light it is. And then Enigma looks alright and the new realtree AP looks pretty sweet. But I have to wonder if all the pics of the Realtree AP on their site are insanley staged or if they actually tryed setups that most hunters would come across.
Who knows...
Thanks again..anyone else have an opinion?

Old 07-17-2007, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have not tried turkey hunting as of yet but for fall deer hunting I love realtree. I hunt by stalking during our archery hunting season and have had some great success using realtree and I wouldn't change it for the world. Stalking and sitting on the ground with a bow in hand is one of the hardest ways to hunt deer and having any kind of success is doing something..
Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 AM

Which Realtree Pattern do you like the most? Im thinking the new AP or maybe the APG.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not sure about the new ones , however i have been using the Hardwoods Green variety..