Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

RETRACTABLE OR FIXED BROADHEADS

Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: RETRACTABLE OR FIXED BROADHEADS

ORIGINAL: eversboys

You cant go wrong with 100gr Muzzy broadheads.
My thoughts exactly!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

There has been quite a few deer lost using the Muzzys up this way. I am not sure if they have chased them after a hit or 2 long of a shot but, I can not recommend them on this fact..
Old 09-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Fixed blades all the way. I have used muzzy mx-4s, crimson talons, rocky mountains, and eastmans, all fixed blade,and they all work great for deer sized game. My broadheads shoot the same as my field points. I think that if any bow is tuned, they should shoot the same, but maybe my bow setup just shoots them the same. I've tried expandables on hogs and didn't get penetration like a fixed blade (shooting 70 lbs) and the blades bend/break easily.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:59 AM

I used to shoot the muzzys and really like them. Last year I decided to try the two blade rages because I thought the new concept of them expanding from the back was awesome. I was hunting with a buddy and put a pretty good shot on a deer last year and he couldn't belive how well they work either. Of course the two inch diameter doesn't hurt. I took a picture of the heart and its literally looks like somebody took a sneak knife to it. Bottom line, retractable or fixed, if you put a good shot on, it really doesn't matter. Just shoot what you feel comfortable shooting.