Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Camo Debate

Old 05-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default Camo Debate

Not to stir the pot too much, but what are your views on all of these new camo patterns? I mean, cana deer tell if you're wearing "NEW Real Tree HD" vs. Good Ol Woodland Camo which has been used by hunters/military longer than most here have beenalive? My opinion is that i'm done supporting this "Camo Trend" which I think has been boosted by these camo manufacturers in an attempt to soak hunters out of their hard earned dollars. Lets hear you opinions......"WOODLAND CAMO" for me
Old 05-16-2007, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Camo Debate

I use whatever camo I have on hand and often mix match different schemes and tones. Ideally I think that there is merit in having a very good match of camo pattern to environment, but I can not afford or want to bother with ideally. Bottom line to me is almost any camo is much better than none and more importantly to break-up sillouette than exact color match. My .025, with inflation.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

I agree w/you lion. I also should have been more specific in the sense that assuming that someone is hunting in a wooded type environment I think woodland would work great, however I would not use it if I were hunting in a praire/brush type area or in the snow. That being said, I would venture to say that most hunters here are "typically " hunting in a wooded/or wooded type area.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Dominant Buck

All the camo I have bought is from the army surplus store!
Old 05-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

New camo patterns = big $ for the manufacturers of camo apparel. I use what I have until I need more then I buy the garment based on the garment, not the pattern.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wear a old mis matched camo pair of pants and coat. It doesn't really make a difference the way I hunt. I don't bow hunt so, I can put all the latest and greatest camo on my body or the same stuff I've been wearing for years.....because as soon as I throw on that blaze orange vest and capno camo will do much good. In my opinion if your regulated to wearing the blaze orange the best camo is to remain as motionless as possible.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

The only time I buy the expensive stuff is when i need a real nice jacket/ pants. The surplus stuff doesnt work too well in the cold and/wet stuff. The issued Gore-Tex stuf is nice but noisy.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:12 PM

I like Cabelas Microtex Camo in the Outfitters pattern, very tuffasjeansand very quiet like fleece. as far as pattern is concerned i think anything with good contrast from light to dark, anything to break up your image.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

The first time I had deer walk up to within feet of me without spooking I was wearing an Army surplus MOPP suit in Woodland pattern, I was sitting on a black folding chair at the time reading a book. The deer had smelled some persimmon skins I had warming on a hand warmer in front of me, and were looking for the source of that yummy odor. There were four of them, and the lead animal literally came to within touching distance of me. If I hadn't have moved they would have kept right on coming. I believe that most of the camo on the market today is more designed to attract us than tohide us.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two of my all time favorite patterns they don't make anymore?
Both are by Mossy Oak, and were called"Greenleaf and Treestand", I thought those two patterns were the best!! I used the Greenleaf for turkey hunting, and the Treestand pattern for deer hunting with the bow. They both worked very well. The Break-up pattern they now have is way to dark!!
I agree, the market is saturated with camo patterns by a good number of camo companies. Problem is, they stop making what works and try to sell "US" another pattern??? Realtree is a perfect example, they just came out with another "new" pattern, but it looks very similar to what they now have out on the market!! Can you say "overkill"!!!

Quick Reply: Camo Debate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.