Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Any dealings with 06-07 Honda TRX250TM Recon?

Old 04-24-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Any dealings with 06-07 Honda TRX250TM Recon?

[blockquote]
I'm considering getting one and haven't any experience with the new models. They look pretty good, I want an 07 in yellow. My wife is in school right now and I cant really afford the Rancher...or I can but I dont need to I should say. But I'm wondering if anyone has noticed any problems or significant things with them. I know my buddy has a 97 that still has the original battery that has been wheelied, jumped, flipped, stuck, sunk, rode on its side and everything else you could think of and still is great. only thing done to it was one oil change and 3 shifters(stripped the teeth). And with GBC Gators on it that little thing went places his brother couldnt get in his 4x4 Rancher
[/blockquote]
Old 05-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any dealings with 06-07 Honda TRX250TM Recon?

If you want a small 2wd 4wheeler, They are hard to beat. They are fun to drive. And actually haul some tail to be just a 250. If I wanted a 4wheeler to just get out and trail ride w/o having to worry about having 4wd and all that kinda stuff I would buy one.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

In our family we have several ATV's. My wife has a 2000 Recon. Basically the same except the 2007 has different plastic, an oil cooler and upgraded suspension.

My daughter has a 2003 Suzuki Ozark.

For my money the Ozark is a better ATV. There is nothing wrong with the Recon. It is a great quad it is just that the Ozark is just a bit better in handling, speed and power departments.

I know that I am comparing a 2000 Recon to the Ozark and not the 2007 Recon you are interested in.

Like I said, the Recon is a great reliable quad. There is nothing wrong with it. It will last for years as long as you keep the oil changed and air filter clean. And of course, if you don't beat on it too bad.

Before you get the Recon, go check out a Suzuki Ozark. Test ride both if you can.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

no clue bout the new ones but i love my 99... beat the livin hell out of it an it keeps on tickin... i know what u mean by striping the teeth... when i get another one something bigger for me an the lady im still keepin my lil "tank" .. ppl can not believe places i go on that thing..
Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 PM

well i ended up with a left over 06 ES for $3108 out the door so i aint gonna complain. so far it seems to be taking after my buddy's 97. I gave it one hell of a break in sunday and this evening. same as his though i wish it was a 6 speed. and i gotta quit tryin to shift w/ my foot since i dont have a shifter there. even pulled out my buddy's 06 Rancher 4x4 w/ 589s.