Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Trailer

Old 04-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATV Trailer

ORIGINAL:

the only drawback as with most trailers is the mud kicked up by your atv will end up in the trailer
Has anyone ever tried fenders on there ATV trailer to cut down on this problem?...
Old 04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I bought the trailer to tow my 4 wheeler around in I looked for the smallest one I could fit the machine into, now when I get where I'm going I just take the 4 wheeler off the trailer and hook the trailer to the 4 wheeler.

This probably doesn't apply to you lucky land owners

Seriously though, I've put alot of weight in my trailer with no problems, except for the skinny road tires tearing up the trails.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trailer, on our walking axle trailer that is used to haul camp into the bushI build a shroud that attaches to the front of the trailer. Just used plexi and angle iron welding it toangle towards the bike to maximize the catch from fling up off the bike(doubles as water splash guard). It works and is removable for transport,etc.

If it weren't at the farm I'd snap a pic and post it[&:]
Old 04-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Skeeter. I’ll keep that in mind and it just so happens we have a number of pieces of plexi at the shop just waiting to be used. I’ll just see how things work before making any modification to my trailer...