Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lowrance ifinder hunt c

Old 04-04-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Lowrance ifinder hunt c

What do you guys think of this gps? Ive never owned a lowrance but ive heard they're real good. ive owned a fewgarmins and havent been real impressed (although never one in this price range)
any way I was lookin at gettin this one and was wondering what you guys thought about it.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lowrance ifinder hunt c

ORIGINAL: Offshootboy

What do you guys think of this gps? Ive never owned a lowrance but ive heard they're real good. ive owned a fewgarmins and havent been real impressed (although never one in this price range)
any way I was lookin at gettin this one and was wondering what you guys thought about it.
http://www.bushnellgps.com/products/onix200cr.htm

Old 04-05-2007, 07:27 AM

Thanks,
But that doesnt really answer my question about the lowrance.
Have you owned a lowrance and didnt like it or do you just think bushnell is the way to go?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Spike

I just purchased a Lowrance ifinder hunt c plus. The plus stands for the Map create software that comes with it on 6 cd's. I have only had it for a few weeks, but so far I'm real impresed. You can download topo maps from the Map Create software and place them on the removeable media card that comes with the ifinder. The coolest thing is the hunting specific iconsthat come with the unit.Theycanbe used to mark way points and other specific locations while afield. Another great feature is the voice recorderthat you canuse to remeber things that you saw while scouting or hunting.I will use it in the woods forfirst timethis week when I go turkey hunting. You can get some really good deals on e-bay. The cheapest I found the ifinder hunt c was $300.00 and the plus was $399.00. Your going to need the software sooner or later so you might as well by it right away. I hope this helps you decided.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 AM

I have one and use it for everything from scouting to fishing to road travel. It is a great unit and the Hunting features are very useful. If you will spend a little time learning these, then I don’t think there is a better GPS for hunting out there and I have used several. You will need the software and card reader to unleash the full potential. The only draw back I have found is before the leaves fall in real thick woods you may have a momentary loss of signal due to the line of sight limitation of GPS, but I have not found this to be a problem. I bought from these folks http://www.tigergps.com/index.html. Good Luck
Old 04-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

I was looking at them a lot just before Christmas last year. The one I came upp with that seemed the best for the $$ was the Lowrance Expedition Plus. I am waiting to see if they do the upgrade to the newest Lowance Software Maps 7.0, then I will make the purchase. There are great deal s to be had with websites selling them too.
dandbuck