Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

RainGear For Alaska

Old 03-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default RainGear For Alaska

Iwill be North of the Brooks Range in Alaska in September. I was told the Avg temp will be approx 40f and may dip into the low 30's at times. I was told you can get two hour long rain downpours and they could occur everyday. Also some snow can be expected. What is the best waterproof outer garment available and price is not an issue.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: RainGear For Alaska

Joe, find an Army & Navy Surplus store and check out the Navy Foul Weather Gear! It will also save you a bunch of $$$$$.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I heard alot of good reports on Riverwest clothing. Just buy them & you won't have to carry raingear. You will be prepared for every kind of weather. They havea web site.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

I was up there last year and a2 hour downpour is pretty conservative, it rained every day for two weeks, the temp sounds right. I had a set of Field and Stream rain gear that I bought at Di*k's on sale for around $60 that worked fantastic. Trust me, you need GOOD rain gear and at least knee high rubber insulated boots. It's beautiful up there and I look forward to going back.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Joe,
I spent three years in Ketchikan. And I can tell you it rains a Bunch! Hands down Rivers West is the best rain gear that money can buy. And It comes with a ten year warranty! Trust me. You won't be dissapointed. I am in western Washington State now, and it also rains a lot here. The only rain gear I have had that keeps me dry