Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Big Game Treestands-Big Buddy

Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Big Game Treestands-Big Buddy

After looking at a bunch of 2 person ladder stands I picked the Big Game Treestands Big Buddy model CR4800. There were cheaper and more expensive ones out there but this one had everything I was looking for. I put it together and put it up today. It's very well made, everything fit perfectly and once it's up it's rock solid. It's almost 14' to the seat platform and very comfortable. It has two seperate padded seats with padded backrests and a padded shooting rail. It also came with two full body harnesses.Bass Pro Shops sells them for $179.00 plus tax. I bought mine on eBay for $149.00 shipped, pretty good deal I think. They also make a blind for that stand. I'll buy that when I get it moved to the lease. I set it up in the yard so my daughter can get used to climbing in and out of it in the dark. Although this is not a field assessment I have to say it's a great stand thus far.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Big Game Treestands-Big Buddy

I've been considering getting one for hunting with my grandkids, thanks for the review.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Luke they are good Ladder Stands, but I prefer the model with the hand rails and also keeps the ladder from flexing as much asthe CR4800when climbing.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 PM

I looked at that one as well but cost is a factor this year. I found mine on eBay and couldn't pass it up for the price. Now I have to find a reasonable priced climber. This is my first year hunting this land and I want to be able to move around some.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: luke35whelan

I looked at that one as well but cost is a factor this year. I found mine on eBay and couldn't pass it up for the price. Now I have to find a reasonable priced climber. This is my first year hunting this land and I want to be able to move around some.
I have been using the old style Tree Climber for over 15 yrs , but I am considering the GunSlinger which can be used in many ways!

Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 PM

Can it be set to face away from the tree and still have a backrest ? I used a climber that faced the tree one time. It drove me nuts! All I did was peek around the tree, I just knew there was a deer right behind it.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Dominant Buck

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: luke35whelan

This is the same one in a different position!

RifleBow
[/blockquote]

[blockquote]

[/blockquote]
Old 02-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new stand, I hunt out of a 2 person stand myself. I'll give you and anyone else that use these stands some advise. Anywhere there is a piece of square tubing open on one end and butt welded solid on the other beware of water getting in the tubing and freezing. The steel tubing will expand and crack. Pay attention to the supports under the seat. Yours may or may not be built that way but it's worth checking out. I leave mine out all year long and this happened to me. I bought a second one that I haven't put up yet but the main platform for it is built ready to go. I went down to the hardware store and bought a can of the "Great Stuff" expanding foam. Stick the plastic nozzle as far down the tubing as you can, start spraying and bring the nozzle out as your spraying. The next day you'll have to trim off the excess foam that will flow out of the tubing. That seals the tubing up so no water can get inside the tubing. At some point I'll have to bring my other standinto the shop and cut out the bad pieces and weld some new ones in. Good luck with the new stand.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:15 PM

Great idea, thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

I went down to the hardware store and bought a can of the "Great Stuff" expanding foam. Stick the plastic nozzle as far down the tubing as you can, start spraying and bring the nozzle out as your spraying. The next day you'll have to trim off the excess foam that will flow out of the tubing. That seals the tubing up so no water can get inside the tubing. At some point I'll have to bring my other stand into the shop and cut out the bad pieces and weld some new ones in. Good luck with the new stand.
That will also dampen a lot of the noise from the frame when you move too.

Quick Reply: Big Game Treestands-Big Buddy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.