Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky Boots

Old 01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rocky Boots

I bought a pair of Rocky Stalkers about 10 years ago and about 3 years ago the soles came off in chunks like aforementioned, so I just threw them in the shop and bought a new pair from Bass Pro in Balto. didnt like them as well so about 2 weeks ago took my Rocky's to " Fast Feet " in the local mall and had new soles put on , cost me $45. and they are Vibram's, wore them last night doing my walk and glad I had them fixed..... I had siaid either going to get these things fixed or throw them out, and so it goes..
Old 01-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Some years back I bought a pair of Rocky Bear Claws.Granted Rocky only warrants their products for 1 year.Mine were way past the 1 year mark.My Rocky's were only used during hunting season when the weather was cold enough to need them.Only used a couple times a year.This year I put them on and the soles actually disintergrated.Coming off in chunks.I contacted Rocky and even though they were older they did send me a replacement set of soles.It was up to me to have a shoemaker put them on.When I went to the shoemaker he looked at the soles.He told me the replacement soles would end up doing the same thing.I paid an extra 10 bucks and got a better sole put on.I thought it was a nice gester Rocky replacing the defective soles after all the years.Apparently Rocky knows there is a problem with those soles and no questions asked. It's just they haven't changed the material used in their soles and are bound do the same thing again.

Ruger Redhawk
My dad did the same exact thing this past fall. However, he rufused to pay someone else to put the soles on and he told rocky that they needed to replace the soles. He sent them the boots and they put the soles on. They paid for the shipping and the whole nine yards. Its amazing what a phone call and a little conversation can get you.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I have3 diffrent pair of Rocky's Never had any problems . I have corn Stalkers , Bear Claws , Snow Stalkers.
I have used these from Alaska To Africa. Also Coues Hunting in Mexico. No problems at all . I wore my first pair of Corn Starker out soles and Uppers. There is a Whole saler at HarrisBurg next week sell them way cheaper that Cabla's or Bass Pro . I gess I am an exception to the Rule.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:42 AM

I have had very godo luck with the LaCrosse, 800 grams of insulate that I bought 5 years ago. Holding up great and still waterproof. I think that I got them for around $90.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:57 PM

I had a pair of Rocky Boots and they worked fine up until my trip to Colorado last fall, where they completely stopped being waterproof and caused me to cut my hunt short from having such cold feet. Luckily one of the guys we hunt with brought an extra pair of boots that I just bought off of him.

I probably won't get Rocky Boots ever again though.