Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What are you opinions of each store?

Old 12-22-2006, 11:33 AM

Default What are you opinions of each store?

I know that this is not a direct gear question, but a question about the stores that many get their gear from.
I have a Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas and Gander Mountain all within 20 miles of my home and frequent all three, but usually for different things.
I have also been to two Bass Pro Shops when out of state.
What are you opinions of these fours stores? What do you see as pluses and minuses of any of them or one versus another?
I like Sportsmans Warehouse for, not only because it is only 3 miles from my home,the fact that they seem to carry a good selection of powders and reloading stuff. I like Gander Mountain for the fact that they carry Savageproducts and I love my savageproducts, I dislike Gander forvery poor service. I like Cabelas, as it is a large toy store to me and my daughter loves to "roar" at the critters.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What are you opinions of each store?

I all of them! except I have never been to gander mtn. Actually I do alot of shopping at academy sports. They carry most things and for the thing that they dont carry I usually go to basspro. Nowadays you have to be a bargain shopper so I frequent who has the sales and the best prices.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Hard to beat Cabelas whether you are shopping at the stores or the net. I have a Gander Mt near here and it is pretty good like a really small Cabelas. Both stores sell quality equipment for a decent price.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:08 PM

Sportsman's Warehouse and Gander Mountain have the best prices I think. I don't like Bass pro shops as much as Cabelas but they both have a better customer service and selection than the other stores. I think Cabelas is the absolute best store and go there whenever possible.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Hard to beat Cabelas whether you are shopping at the stores or the net. I have a Gander Mt near here and it is pretty good like a really small Cabelas. Both stores sell quality equipment for a decent price.
Ditto!!
Old 12-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although I have never shopped Sportmans Warehouse, Ganders Mountain or Bass Pro I will say this, I find Cabela’s to have excellent customer service and have a very good selection of hunting equipment. Allot better then any sporting good stores around here...
Old 12-26-2006, 08:00 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I have a question for you guys. Do you buy gear online? If so, why? If not why?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I buy my ammo from cabelas(Via Internet)they deliver to my front door.Went to the one in Rogers Mn,and had very poor help,Was looking at trad stuff and no one would help me.I E-mailed cabelas and they called me,I told them the time and day I was there,end of story.Still use there Internet sight.
I get my Traditional stuff from 3rivers.
Thier is a sportsman whrs,sheels,gander 72 miles from me and I like sportsman whrs the best.
I buy my guns from a small gun shop that matches the big stores prices.
My compuonds I get from another small sport shop 9 miles from me,he gives me better deals on the bows then I could get from the bigger shops.
But is high on his arrows.....But I have bought them from him to keep a good thing going.
Gander is just a drive buy..........so is scheels.........and cabelas.......
Old 12-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I buy most of my reloading equip and bullet/brass thru grafs.com-they have good prices and free shipping on orders over 20$

swfa.com and grafs.com is hard to beat for optic prices.

I buy most of my guns where I can save a buck from local small stores to Bass Pro etc..

I think you can save a good bit of $ online. I think Cabelas is a bit overpriced on most of their stuff compared to other online vendors.

I also really like natchezss.com for everything they have awesome prices.

Gander Mountain is just OK to me. the closest one is 45mins from me so I usually call before I go for something. To give you an example I called them today and asked if the had a set of Dual Dovetail bases and rings for an Encore and that the brand didnt matter. After being put on hold for about 5 mins the guy comes back and asked me what I meant by Dual Dovetail. So I just hung up. This was a guy who works in the optics dept mind you.

Bass Pro was so-so in the store. Last year I went there to buy an A-bolt in WSSM(called they had sale on them)and when I asked the guy behind the GUN counter if they had any A-bolts in 243WSSM in stock, he asked me what an A-bolt was if it was a gun manufacturer or what. I just walked away shaking my head. I did find another guy to help me who was awesome and helped a lot so I guess it was hit and miss.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 AM

I have such outstanding service from Cabelas that I either drive there or order thru a catalog. I have been in Basspro in Springfield, Mo and one other BP. I had badexperience in BP. The merchandise was very dirty (dusty) and could get no help from clerks -just the complete of Cabelas. I do go to a Sportsmans Whse. on occasion when they have sales on. Otherwise I buy most of my gear from Cabelas.

Quick Reply: What are you opinions of each store?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.