Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What are you opinions of each store?

Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are you opinions of each store?

i research all the stores mentioned before i buy something, then i buy from the cheapest. i don't have money to blow.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use BassPro as it is 5 minutes from me, but I would love to have other options like Cabelas.

BassPro has been raising prices (especially with ammo!), I guess that is what happens when the little guys get put out. I used to think of it as the "Wal-Mart" of hunting/fishing but not anymore. Now I pretty much shop their sales. Just got a humongous hunting duffle bag for 1/2 price b/c it is in the old camo pattern, got Lacrosse AlphaBurly's for 1/2 price, etc. They still have decent price guns though, just bought a Buckmark for $250.00 (again, on sale). For my bowstuff, I use a pro-shop, it is usually the same price or even cheaper on archery. Bottom line = don't assume it is cheaper b/c it is a megaboxstore.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I internet shop Cabelas. I've been tothe Bass Pro Shop in Oaklahoma City OKand the Gander Mountain in Paducah KY. Both of course are too far to shop at. I hear a new Bass Pro opened up in Indianapolis. Thats just a hour and half a way. The wife has a sister over that way so I might take a road trip and drop her off to visit and head over to the new Bass Pro. Mainly I use the Cabelas, good customer service IMHO.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Here are my views: BassPro- descent pricing, poor customer service. Cabelas- Better pricing, excellent cust svc. SportsmansW-Good pricing, good cust svc. Gander mtn-never been there. Unfortunatley, here in S.Florida the only place within driving distance is BP. If Cabelas were to open a store down here, they would make a killing!!!!