Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What are you opinions of each store?

Old 12-27-2006, 03:24 PM

Default RE: What are you opinions of each store?

I have had excellent luck with Cabellas and their customer service and selection is top notch. They can be a little pricey, but there are so many sales patience pays off. I don't like Bass Pro. I don't think the quality is there and they don't cater to an upland hunter as much as I would like. In my opinion, Gander has mediocre merchandise although their prices are competitive. Their brandname stuff is pretty good, but I don't buy very much of it. Sportsman's warehouse is better products in a no-nonsense set-up. The problem is that the nearest store is 90 minutes from me. The Scheels that I've been to have great selection and price, but again it is a long distance from where I'm at to the nearest store. Overall,I'll stick with Cabellas and shop the rest.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:08 AM

I used to get all my stuff from the local hardware store. If they didnt haveit, it would take 3 days tops to get.Known for stocking stuff for each regular customer. Recently shut down[&o]
I now shop online mostly.
I have used all sorts of different online merchants.
Cabelas always has whatI wantand if they dont it says "sold out" GREAT Customer Service.
I hatebackorder email notifications.Common from a lot of "cheaper cost" sites.
I hear we are getting 4 GanderMtns in my state soon so I will probally visit one off and on in the future.
I go to Bass Pro if I just have to have something and cant find it anywhere closer than the 100mile drive.
There are a fewmerchants that post their inventory online, I really like that system and try to stay with them.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:45 AM

lack of customer service from all these places made me choose to become a dealer of hunting goods.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Have been doing business with Cabelas for over 15yrs with no problems!I also have a Bass Pro about 60 miles from me, but I order from Cabelas.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually useBassPro since one is withina reasonable distance from where I live now. I've used Cabella's on line. A few weeks ago when I was out of town I went to my first Sportsmans Warehouse.I was impressed with it.I saw it was listed as BassPro's Sportsman Warehouse.There are no Gander Mountains around me. Probably 25years ago I used them for mail orders when I received their catalogs.Most of the time for shooting supplies I now deal with Midsouth Shooters Supply in Clarksville TN.Reasonable prices and top notch service.We arein the process of relocating and thereare a couple of BassPro's not far away and aSportsmans Warehouse will be veryclose by.I had to make sure of the important things in life LOL.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never been to Cabelas, but I have bought from them online. I like Bass Pro the best. We don't have one locally but when I go to Bossier City, Broken Arrow, or Houston, I make it a point to visit BP! I was a little disapointed on the last trip to BP in Broken Arrow, they didn't have a good selection of stuff. As far as Gander Mountain, we have one locally, but I'm not really impressed!
Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Spike

Sportsmans warehouse has better shooting and reloading selections, in the store; Cabelas has better clothing selections. Cabela's catalog is second to none and the customer service is about equal, very good in my experience.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:37 PM
RMA
Fork Horn

What do we need to do for you guy's to give us a shot at your business?
Old 01-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

For years I did business with Gander Mountain when they still sent out the catalogs. Started with Cabela's about 10years ago, great customer service! I really don't have anything that close. There are Gander Mountains about 1.5 hours away in Peoria, IL, Indy, and I've been to the one in Paducah, KY a couple of times. I've been to the Bass Pro Shop in Oklahoma City. They all are pretty much the same that I can tell. I would love to hit a Cabelas sometime....
Old 01-01-2007, 07:10 PM

RMA, the biggest obstacle to overcome is to know that you are around. Let's face it, the big box stores have a marketing machine that is able to constantly keep their name in front of a person. After the marketing, I would be looking for customer service first and pricing second. If you can keep your prices at or close to the larger chain stores I will shop at your store all of the time. For hunting equipment, I don't have anything like that locally. I do have something like that for firearms and buy from my local guy all of the time. He gives me great customer service and competitive pricing. I hope that helps answer your question.

Quick Reply: What are you opinions of each store?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.