Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Muffler Silencer

Old 11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Spike

Default ATV Muffler Silencer

Anyone have any experience with these? This looks simple to install but does it work?

http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/benz_atv_silencer.asp?tag=Benz%20ATV%20Silencer
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ATV Muffler Silencer

Yes. I bought one just like thatfor my Honda 4trax last year and it works great! I don't know how I got along without it before. They are diffenately worth the money. This one don't get hot either as it has a good shield over the muffler thingy. I recommend it. All I hear now is the valves clicking on the engine.
BBO
Old 11-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Spike

BBO, Did yours require the adaptor kit? If so, does that require taking to a shop to have mounted or can it be DIY? Just wondering if it installs as easy as it looks in the video.

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, I had to install the adaptor kit which is just a piece of tubing about two inches long. I wielded it to the back of my honda's muffler and then the new silencer just slips on and bolts to the rear rack braces. Some adaptor kits is just a piece of tubing that will slip onto the 4 wheeler muffler without wielding it but mine I had to wield it.
Go get it, you'll love the result.
BBO
Old 11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 02 Rancher and have had this muffler on since the atv was about new it works as adveritsed and is simple to put on.
Mine didn't need the adapter.
Well worth the $$$