Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

How soft is MT050

Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 AM

Default How soft is MT050

I hear great things about MT050 - but how "soft" is it... meaning, my "test" for fabric that's quiet in the woods where I hunt (full of lots of underbrush) is to quickly scrape a fingernail over the material and listen... nylon is really loud and makes the same sound when stalking... fleece is silent and thus perfect for stalking... anyone know where MT050 fits in this range under this test?
I ask because to the best of my reading - MT050 appears to be a really now nap fleece - and those make sound when I "test" them in stores... just have never gotten my hands on MT050.
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How soft is MT050

A little bit noisier than fleece but definitely quieter than nylon. The problem with the MT050 gear is that it typically has the dry plus lining installed. Dry Plus is basically just Goretex under another name and both make a very slight "swishing" sound when you move. You can hear it if you are wearing it but someone standing 5 feet away or a deer standing 20 feet away cannot.

I have MT050, Silent Suede, Revolution Fleece, Microtex and Saddle cloth garments. They are all fairly quiet in the woods with the exception of Saddle Cloth in cold weather.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:16 PM

Default RE: How soft is MT050

Good to know - I'm a big fan of fleece - but am finding things that block wind and are fleece to be a difficult commodity to come by. I'm also looking for something that insulates... so - I seem to keep ending up at the MT050 stuff.
OTOH - I'm off to Bass Pro tomorrow to get my hands on some of their stuff. No MT050 dealers near my neck of the woods!