Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scents??

Old 09-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Scents??

Sport Wash by Atsko for the laundry followed by a box of baking soda in the rinse cycle .

That tampon trick does work , but don't stick them into the bottle , pour the scent on them or they can get stuck . If you do get one stuck go ahead and hang it up , the protruding portion will still act as a wick . Don't ask how I know that ... [:-]
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 PM

As his brother, I can attest to the results that the "plug" provided. Ol' Wilson, the eight pointer, came off a ridge following the trail thatmy brother laid out right in front of me for a shot. Just a note - if you decide to use a T-pon, use unscented for obvious reasons. Thanks again to little bro.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:03 AM

I mostly use freshly collected doe urine as a cover scent and use freshly collected doe estrous on a drag rag and on an unscented tampon.
www.southernwhitetailscents.com
Old 10-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gunner4...Ill get dressed and stand next to the fire....smoke works for me....drag lines are very effective
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

I guess I'll be the odd ball here. For the last 3 or 4 years I've been using one cover scent exclusively. No more doe P, no more tinks 69. No more spilled bottles of stinky crap in my back pack or my pockets. I use SHINES white oak acorn scent. Its made in Chelsea, Alabama, this is the best stuff I've ever used. It has a real sweet smell, like maybe vanilla extract mixed in with the acorns. But its awesome. 2 weeks ago I put some on a stick 30 yards from my stand and watched 7 bucks nd 3 does each take a turn smelling and licking it. In my experience, it has never spooked a deer and I use it from the first day of bow season to the close in January.

ShawneeSlinger
Old 10-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Call me crazy, but it works. Take an old tube sock and stuff it full of peanut butter. Stick that inside a large zip-loc bag and then pour something sweet on it...like honey, syrup, molassis (sp), etc... When you get to where you're going...hang it on a tree branch.
I guess it would be considered baiting so check your local regs before doing this.