Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Old 08-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

My brother has a 450 RANCHER
I have never heard of a 450 rancher,only the 350 and 400.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:09 PM

As far as the Rancher whooping on a Grizzly, I'd beg to differ.
That's fine you can doubt it all you want. I have more than 70 witnesses that will tell you differently. Plus there was another brand new black grizz with 26 mud lite xtr's and I had to get him unstuck and then me and another friend of mine went through the exact same hole right after him in 2 wd on our Foremans. If I would not have done it, I wouldn't believe it either.

I have absolutely no reason to lie on this board, i could care less what anyone buys or rides. If you like your Grizz, I am truly happy for you. I have done more with a "lesser" bike than a lot have done with Bigger "better" bikes. Bottom line is, if you know how to ride you can do it just as good or better on a "lesser" bike than someone that doesn't on a big bike. I ride in hardwood bottoms, sloughs, creeks, gumbo mud, if it can be found in Louisiana I have done it or something like it. Have you ever heard of Merango? Check it out on line and you will see what we ride in all the time down here.

Here is a Foreman

Here is a Rancher at Marengo

And don't think for one second that these boys had to lean to one side because they were on Honda's. I can show you just as many pictures or more with people doing the same thing on any kind of bike you want to mention.

If you want to ride out, get a Honda. If you want to walk, get something else.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

From what I've been seeing lately the new Can-Am is one bad mota scoota! atleast 25% more power than KQ, polaris 800 or Grizzly.

Was watching some ATV racing today woth big 4X4 Atv's. KQ wound up winning it, but only after the leading Can-Am's had 1) side-tossed a rider on a bad jump landing, and 2) got squirrelly/off-corse and met a small tree.

Funny thing was is there were NO Hondas, Yamahas or Kawasaki's. There were like 16 riders on like 2 or 3 KQs, and like 8 Can-Ams and the rest Arctic Cats.

I'm don't really favor any of the bigger bore machines. They're great if your plowing fields, mowing or riding on full size trails. But I've found once ya start cutting your own trails or deep into the woods - they're just too big (wide) and bulky. Twisting those handlebars really does a number on yer arms. I am a big fan of experience over power. If ya put power over experience.....you're asking for trouble and injuries everytime.

I do my fair share of riding in all conditions and have, as Tigerfan said, done alot more than the big bore machines, on my Yamaha Bruin. If anyone cares about the reliabilityof a Bruin, mine has had zero problems.
And I plow quite a bit of snow to boot.

I'll give you all a little secret to getting the least amount of trouble and the most years ut of an ATV................

DOALL THE MAINTENANCE AT THE MFRs RECOMMENDED INTERVALS OR BEFORE! OIL CHANGES EVEN MORE FREQUENTLY!I usually throw a new spark plug in with every other oil change cause they're $3. My machine is worth it. Heck, don't top off the diffs - why not change the diff oil atleast twice a season? $6 bottle of gear lube will do it.

For my foam air cleaner element. I just bought another when I bought my machine. Everyone hates to pull their element,degrease it, wash it, wait for it to dry, re-oil it, re-install it, and then be able to ride.

I always have a fresh one in a bad, all oiled and ready to swap out. No down time - let's ride!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

HONDA!
Maybe (they haven't really) they've been slipping a little in the last few years, but they were so far ahead of the pack, theres nothing else on radar!

My Rancher has gone everywhere and done everything that my buddy's Grizzly has done!
Sure I can't quite keep up on the straights, but I guess 300 more CC's might have a little something to do with that!
It doesn't matter how fast you are, It's all about DEPENDABILITY to me!

I'll think about picking you up on the way out!

Old 08-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Honda's reliability. There's no doubt that they were the tops over any other Mfg. but the other guys have pretty much caught up.

Hey, I know the Ranchers are one bullet proof quad. I have relatives and friends that own them. They are awesome in mud too. But there is a difference in mud and muddy water.

Don't know what the problem was with your buddy's quad and maybe you did pull him out if he sucked in too much water but that water in your pics is only up to the top of the tires. You got almost drown it if you want to see what it really got.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Water drag racing

Old 08-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Water crossig photo I found on a Grizzly website

Old 08-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-13-2006, 09:48 PM

You got almost drown it if you want to see what it really got.
Well I was just posting some pics to give you an idea, now I am at home and I will show you what we do.

Whoops how did this get in here?

Here is the guy with the Grizz that i beat, this is one of his runs. he went 3 times and I went one. it was all I needed. BTW he rode out with someone else because it broke down. The front end tore up

He rode this out

Believe it or not he rode out too. We turned it up on it's end and let it set for about an hour. Set it up right and it cranked and blew water about 20ft. He rode 4 miles back to camp and changed the oil the next week and was riding the next weekend.

You are right I need to come ride with you so you can show me what deep is.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like some fun. I noticed the snorkels. That is one thing that would be a must, if you do the kind of mudrunning you guys do.

Listen, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything. But did the Grizzly you beat have snorkels? If not, he's bound to get beat. Just a little water in the wrong place can cause big problems.

Here is where I am coming from

First off the Grizzly 660 has about 200cc-300cc bigger engine, depending on if we are comparing it to the Rancher or Foreman. That's a big difference.

Then, there is the ground clearance issue. I know my Grizzly has 11.8" with stock tires.

The Rancher or Foreman hassomewhere around9.5" with stock tires

Then there is the front diff lock for true 4x4. The Grizzly 660 has that feature which the Honda's don't.( unless you got a locker from Highlifter)

I hope you can see my point, when someone says that a Rancher was whooping on a Grizzly.

Now if you were all snorkled and running mudtires and had the front locker from Highlifter, going out against a stock Grizzly with stock tires, no snorkel. I'd say yeah, you put a whooping on him.

With the snorkle, you just paw and claw until you get out of the mud. without the snorkle the quad is done.

I'd be interested to know if the Grizzly was snorkled. So what year is that Grizzly 600 in the photo, a '98 or'99. ( the photo with the broken front) I hope that you were talking about a 660 Grizzly and not a 600 Grizzly.

We have mudbog competitions here at the local fairs. They draw a big crowd. They just scoop a hole with a dozer, add water and take a farm tractor through it to churn up the bottom with a disc or harrow.

The water is not all that deep in these competitions( maybe to the tops of the tires)but the mud is thick. They take turns going through and time each person's run. Some get stuck some don't. But to be competitive, you have to have a big quad with auto trans., front locker and mud tires. The winner is the fastest time through the hole. I don't know if you guys do timed runs or what.

The big autos just punch the throttle and hold on. The manual shifts have to stay in a low gear. The autos gradually build up speed while the manuals don't. Needless to say the autos always come through faster. They have different classes for different cc engines.

I think youhave the idea I'm busting on your quad, but I'm not. Honda makes an ultra reliable 4 wheeler that is almost bullet proof. I've rode with many Ranchers and Foremans. I have no complaints. I use to own a '98 Wolverine, which is comparible to a Rancher. But after owning a Grizzly, all I can say is, there is a big difference.

To each his own and whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Quick Reply: Honda Rubicon VS. Suzuki Kingquad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.