Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best place to buy thermacell

Old 06-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best place to buy thermacell

Anyone have a good site I'm looking for a camo version (maybe the realtree).
Old 06-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

Default RE: Best place to buy thermacell

Somebody said you can buy them real cheap at Menards but they are not camo. Put some camo duct tape on it.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be me! I got them at Menards for $7. They're white. If you're careful you can dissasemble them and spray paint the case in camo or use the tape!The refills were cheap too!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

They do have a camo version available. It is not Real Tree or any other "brand name" camo. Why spend the extra $5 for camo when the regular model is olive green? That is as camo as I needed. I doubt I'll ever get busted because something saw my green therma-cell.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wal-Mart sells them now too.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

No Menards near me. oh well. I didn't realize there was such a huge diff in price in the camo version. I guess I'll check Cabelas.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Robertesq1

No Menards near me. oh well. I didn't realize there was such a huge diff in price in the camo version. I guess I'll check Cabelas.
I thought you were looking for good prices
HCH[/align]
Old 06-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dr Andy, are you talking about the actual Thermacell or the refill? 7 bucks? WTH?! I just got one at Gander Mountain (camo) and didn't realize that there were color options. I don't think there are different camo patterns available though - just a basic old army camo.

Here's the prices:

Thermacell Camo Appliance $24.99
Accessory Holster $9.99
Refill Unit (1 butane cylinder/3 pads) $6.99
Subtotal $41.97
Tax @ 7.75% $3.25
Total $45.22

I can leave my driveway and be in Menard's in less than 5 minutes so I'll be go by tomorrow morning on way to shop to check it out. I saved my receipt and the box so a return may be in the future.

By the way I fired it up to checkout the performance and here's the results........

I wanted to flush my trucks cooling system and put in new antifreeze Friday and it was HOT so I wanted to wait til dusk when it cooled off.
Me and Hoss were out at the top of thedriveway with the garage door open and I set the Thermacell on a bike seat in the middle of the garage. Typically there would be plenty of mosquitos drawn in the garage due to the fluoresent lights -they can be pretty nasty at times.

We didn't even see a mosquito!

I don't think the pads last as long as they claim - maybe they do I lost track of time. The unit never gothot at all on the outside but you could see a faint bit of smoke or steam coming out.

If me and my sweet wifewere to go outside with mosquitos present and I lightly sprayed myselfI wouldn't be bothered. On the otherhand, if she really sprayed herself heavily she would still beattacked. She's just sweet I guess - so I got itmostly just for her.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Menards near me has the units for $7 and the refill packs for $3. A closeout special. Only color is white. Not sure if this price is available everywhere. This was in Mundelein, Ill.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Checked my Menards this morning. They have never carried them, said different stores in different regions carry slightly different stock items.But you ain't far from me in Bolingbrook.

Oh well, Momma's got her protection.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy thermacell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.