Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Loggy Bayou treestands...

Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Loggy Bayou treestands...

Has anyone used these?What are your experiences with the stands? Are they good/bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Old 06-14-2006, 07:25 PM

Default RE: Loggy Bayou treestands...

I have owned a loggy bayou for 15 years, I love it. I bought a summit viper a couple of years ago and actually still prefer my loggy. For me, I walk alot and I actually leave my climber at home and put my loggy on my back and it is so light and not bulky like my summit. When you walk a mile in and out of the woods you want something simple and light. Don't get me wrong I like my summit especially if I'm hunting close to home or a road, but for the long walks I prefer my loggy.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Alabama
Chuck hit it right on the nose with the weight factor,very lite ,but I have always disliked how low the webed seat was from the platform and I'm not that tall either,5'11. Wish the distance to the platform would have bin 20 inches,in time you will learn that to stand you make a lot of movement and the difference in getting a booner and a runt will be in the least amount of movement to get up to the standing position. That is the only qualm I have on the Loggy Byou.Good luck and good hunting.
Yooungfart
Old 06-16-2006, 05:13 AM

That's true youngfart, I didn't realize why I learned to shoot sitting. Just became easier than getting busted when standing up. I actually prefer drawing my bow sitting now, that is when the deer is directly in front of me. The webbed seat sucks, always hurt my butt, they sell a cushion that makes it a little better. I just like it when I'm carrying a bow and walking far. Good luck