Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cuddeback Question

Old 05-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cuddeback Question

My new Cuddeback is not taking good DAYTIME pictures. Most, but not all, of the picturesthe deer is blurry. Now I know the animal is walking thru the picture, but my night time pictures never turn out blurry. Now that the deer are moving more in the daylight hours I'm getting more bad pictures. I have it mounted about 3 feet off the ground. I've read the manual and it talks of moving the "jumper" to the upper position for higher sensitivity during weather above 80 degrees. It hasn't been that hot in Wisconsin, so I don't see that as helping. Any feedback would be great. Here are a couple of pictures for example. Sorry for the different size pictures, but you can still make out the blurry in the daylight.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cuddeback Question

Well the first two pics I think the deer is moving because the leaves on the ground and the green ones on the bush are nice, clear, and sharp. The last pic I would say is fine just like you said they were. Are all your daytime pics like this or just some? Otherwise call Cuddeback if your not satisified. Keep us informed.

Jay
Old 05-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

Here is a sight I found on another forum. It may help. http://www.chasingame.com/
Old 05-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

pass thru and hardcorehunter...yeah thats a great websight for cameras. I've posted this same question there. Meanwhile I've been in contact with a Cuddeback tech via email. He now wants to know how many of my daylight pictures are turning out blurry. I've sent him some examples.The answer is 90%. I don't get how all the nightime ones are crisp and clear and the daylight ones suck. I've seen pictures of birds in flight turn out better then my deer walking past my camera during daylight. It is supposed to have between 1-2 second trigger time so unless the animal runs thru I think it should turn out better. I have a feeling I might be sending it in for repair. Here are a couple more bad ones. along with a good one at night.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Some of the pictures from our Cuddeback are blurry, but not a large proportion of them. I credit it to moving deer. I would keep in touch with Cuddeback about your problem, it sounds like you are getting more blurry pictures than we are.

One interesting thing is that with our good cameras, we rarely ever get a blurry picture.