Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

rocky boots

Old 10-26-2002, 07:42 PM

Default rocky boots

can anyone recommend a good pair of hunting boots the soles on my rocky boots are falling apart after one season and i would like to try another brand
Old 10-26-2002, 09:37 PM

Default RE: rocky boots

there are many good brands.some are heavy and some are light.i use rocky and browning. i good pair with cost you at least $100. wolverine makes a good boot and not very expensive
Old 10-27-2002, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red Wing

Old 10-28-2002, 05:16 PM

I haven't had good luck with Rocky either. I have had three great Lacrose boots.
I pair is the good old rubber hunting boots ,15 years and going. Two pairs of 600 gr ,Goretex Snares. I have used them hunting, Snowshoeing, fighting a forest fire !
Rugged, comfy.
Lacrose !
Old 10-29-2002, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't had good luck with Rocky either. I bought a pair of boots with their air bob sole and they make quite a racket when walking thru wet grass. I've had great luck with Danner boots though. They fit like a glove and I seem to get at least 2-3 years on the soles while walking on a lot of concrete and pavement at work.

Born to hunt, forced to work.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:26 PM

I've worn two pairs of Rocky's in the last 15 years of hunting. The first pair lasted ten years and countless hundreds of miles. My current pair is 5 years old and has held up extremely well. My two hunting partners wear Rocky's also and have also had terrific results. I would contact Rocky about repairing or replacing them, you obviously got a defective pair because Rocky's should last for years!
Old 11-12-2002, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had good luck with my Rocky Stalker boots, best 125 I ever invested.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:17 PM

Danner, is there any other American made boot? Danner Boots are by far the best boots you can buy, be it for field or duty use. Check out www.danner.com.
Old 11-16-2002, 05:06 PM
JPS

I have had two pair of rockys and both leak the first took about five years so thats not bad.I bought the deerstalkers last year before season,this is the second season they have seen and both boots leak.I paid $190 for these. I emailed rocky and they said they cant fix it and there warranty is only one year.Now what,I got a pair of $190 boots I cant wear when its wet out.No more Rockys for me!

Old 11-16-2002, 08:59 PM

I just recently bought a new pair of Wolverine 800 gram boots from Cabela's and would rank them right up there with any boot I've ever worn for fit and comfort.

>>>------------>
Pinmaster - At Home In The 11 Ring!
>>>------------>

Quick Reply: rocky boots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.