Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Little Big Horn Gobbler's Lounge Vest

Old 03-18-2006, 08:31 AM
TDE
Spike

Default Little Big Horn Gobbler's Lounge Vest

Can I get some opinions of this vest/seat? Is the frame really enough to keep you upright without a tree to lean against? If you wanted to lean against a tree could you still or does the frame make you be a ways away from it?

http://www.little-bighorn.com/ViewProduct.aspx?PID=39
Old 03-18-2006, 07:21 PM
TDE
Spike

Default RE: Little Big Horn Gobbler's Lounge Vest

Well, I've got turkey fever bad and couldn't wait to hear from you all. So, off to Cabelas I went today as I called and they had one Gobbler's Lounge Vest left in stock. $70 later I'm thrilled to death! This thing is so cool. Nice features including quiet material, magnet closing inside pockets for quiet opening and closing, comfortable, and of course the frame wich holds you up even without a tree. The only con is the whole shoulder strap, chest belt etc is not camo.

By the way, this vest does it all. I'll beable to eliminate the backpack I use for my decoys, and no more extra seat sliding around while I creaping through the woods.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Spike

Default Little big horn gobble lounger-New versio coming back

About 8 years ago there was a turkey vest/chair harness system on the market that became very much in demand. It was called "The Little Big Horn Gobble Lounge". We researched this product, there are still hunters looking to buy this item new or used with no luck. We just got done rebuilding an old one for a customer. I do not know if this company went out of business or they just quit making them, but for whatever reason, they are extinct and still sought after for the last 2 years.
We made one with some improvemnts, kept the frame the same but greatly imporved the pockets, larger, thicker seat.
First prototype of this vest is complete, we are in the process of building a new one now that we have tweaked our prototype version.
These will not be offered on our website, were sure there is going to be a great demand for these and we will have to control the amount of orders coming in. We are even bending our own frames to keep the cost down as much as possible. I was told by hunters these sold 8 years ago for $80.00 plus shipping.
There is one other out on the market now that has some sort of stand device, the hunters hate it for the most part and it has gotten terrible reviews it runs 140.00 plus shipping. Pictured is our prototype we made last week, they will not be available in Real Tree, this is our own private use vest and we had some of this fabric on hand, we DO NOT handle any name brand camos for sale so let this be a legal notice, again, the one pictured is for private use only, not for resale.

Here are the features of this vest:
  • 3 inch high quality foam seat (old version was 2 inches)
  • Our Striker/Trumpet roll up pouch.(has 4 chambers to hold 8 slim strikers or 4 with the bigger handles)
  • A box call pouch,has an extra strap with tension glide in the middle to keep from squaking when walking.
  • Our Tri-fold mouth call folder, easy to sanitize after use.
  • Pocket with divider to hold 2 pot/slate calls
  • 2 large zippered pockets, one on each side, 12 inches wide by 9 inches deep.
  • Steel tubing frame, same L shaped frame as in original.
  • compartment behind that is zippered attached at the top, sides of this compartment has a pocket and the other side is a bottle holder and has a tension glide to secure it in place.
  • Below the pocket belt there is another 2 inch wide belt that goes around the lower waist for better securement to body, it is attached to the back of the chair.
  • Aprox. weight on the whole set up is 8 -9 pounds, older version was 7-8 pounds.
  • The older version was just the raw fabric, we have lined everything in rip stop nylon for more durability, easy cleaning and sanitizing and offer more of a sound proofing barrier!
  • Our zippers are a high quality, large toothed sport zipper
  • Our prducts are double sewn. We surge stitch them on the inside of that stitching we run a straight stitch. over time, if the straight stitch wears our and lets go, it will then still never come apart because the surge stitching has kicked in to hold it all together and supply even more years of use!!
  • Price of our new Sitting Bull is 130.00 plus 16.00 shipping.
Disclaimer: The Sitting Bull pictured was made from Real Tree and is for personal use only, not for resale, we do not handle any Real Tree or Mossy Oak camos. The picture taken belongs strictly to the owner of the vest, not to be used by others.