Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm gonna have problems with it too

Old 02-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm gonna have problems with it too

Well I've had my Cuddeback for a few weeks now. So far I'm not too impressed. I have had it set up above my Stealth and it has not performed. I just checked it and there were 2 set of pics with deer on the Stealth and on one pic on the Cuddeback (not even the same day). Therefore, the CUddeback isn't taking pics when it should. And the pic it did take was so dark (it was nitgh time) I could hardly see the deer (only about 20 ft away). I have had nothing but problems with my Stealth (trigger time, battery life, etc) so I went and got the Cuddeback. Even with the Stealth's 12 V battery pack, I am only getting 2-3 weeks at most, and it still misses anything that doesn't stop in front of it). The Cuddeback is still on original set of batteries and did take some pics of me when the Stealthmissed. I don't know what's going on.

Looks like that may have been a mistake goin with the CB??? The camera is mounted above the Stealth, but it has taken pics where it is. I don't know what the heck to do. Can't win. I will keep those interested posted.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm gonna have problems with it too

Doughboy, if the camera is mounted too high, it'll won't trip correctly and the flash will not luminate the lower area enough for a bright picture. Try mounting it belt high about 15 to 20 feet from the intended trip zone and if it has an infrared laser pointer, have it hitting belt high also in the trip area. My old Moultrie is mounted like this and it does very well. I can't afford a CB anyway so I had to get the most out of my Moultrie. LOL.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

If you can get to your camera easily keep trying different things and test it to see if it is picking you up as well. These electronic gadgets seem to do funny things sometimes. Move it up and down that tree and see how it goes. Did you shoot all of the tall deer this season???

I often have more than one camera out at a feeder and notice that sometimes the better cameras get more pictures with the same delay than the other cameras. I can't really explain this though but it has happened with the Cuddeback.

I have a 12 volt rechargeable battery with my Stealth as well and got about two weeks the first time and then only a few days here in the house. I'm trying it again, in fact it will take my picture when I get up to go to bed here in a couple of minutes. Although not until I'm a good ways down the hallway.

Keep experimenting with that Cuddeback and let us know what happens.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the height is the problem. Like I said, it has taken a pic of me (3x) on my ATV as I go by. It was mentioned on another thread that there may be some senitivity adjustment. For $400 it should be ready to go out of the darn box!!!!

PS - good luck with the 12V for the Stealth. I was fairly pleased with mine at first (I think it went about 3-3.5 weeks). Since then the life gets lower and lower (last time it lasted less than 2 weeks). Seems like everything they mak is garbage. However it has been taking some decent pics for me where the CB hasn't. Who the heck knows???????
Old 02-28-2006, 10:32 AM

Well i have gotten about 1800 pictures with my Cuddeback since christmas and i am on the second set of batteries and the readout says 3 Which is good considering that full battery reads out at 4. I have never had a problem, do you have it set up in EZ mode or Advanced mode?
Old 02-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

EZ
Old 03-01-2006, 01:05 PM

Put that baby on advanced mode. It is easy to run that way to, and give it a try. If you have any questions just PM me and i will try to help you out.