Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Zeiss scopes

Old 02-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Zeiss scopes

I've heard nothing but good about Zeiss riflescopes and I've looked through enough of them to know that I will probably mount one on my next rifle instead of my favorite -a Leupold. My bro worked for an outfitter in Alaska this summer and they swore by Leupolds, not that there's anything wrong w/ that, but they saidZeiss scopes leaked/fogged up. Anyone ever experience this?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Zeiss scopes

I have owned 4 ziess scopes that have been used in extreme conditions and none have ever fogged.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never experienced any fogging or leaking problems withthe 4Zeiss scopesI've owned either. I think they're great.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah that's been my experience w/ them also. Just wanted to hear other's opinions...
Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 PM

I know a warranty won't help you when you're 2 miles from the truck and strading stares with an elk....but don't Zeiss, Swarovski and the other high high end scopes have warranties that cover something as basic as leaks?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 PM

Ya Know, all of the major scope companies have great warrranties. The Leupold customer service has been legenday for a half century.
But if you are talking about equal price scopes, you need to compare the mid priced VX3 with the low priced (at least low priced for Zeiss) Conquest. They are about the same price and I can't tell much difference in sight picture between the two. Glass and coating seem world class on both. Both are US made. Look through them and see which one looks good to YOUR EYES! You won't be dissappointed with either.
But when you step up to the Leupold Mark 4, you will pay around a grand. These scopes are incredible with maybe the best coatings in the bis.
The Zeiss Victory scopes are among the very best. But you will pay 1200 bucks.
If I could afford it, I would spend 3 times as much for the scope as I did for the rifle
Let us know what you get and how it works
okcmco
Old 03-15-2006, 04:26 PM

Once I bought a Zeiss scope and used in Alaska, I came home and got rid of all my Leupolds. No comparison as far as I was concerned. Also use Kahles and Swarovski
Old 03-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im still shaking my head aboutt he blanket statement of the Zeiss fogging and leaking..lol.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:59 AM

I have a lot of scopes from very old and cheap to quite expensive. Several are Zeiss, two of which are very old. One in particular I used for several years on a 270. During that period it seemed that I had bad weather everywhere I went. Lots of rain and snow and cold. I kept thinking I was going to have to go to a back up rifle as the weather was so bad particularly taking the gun from very cold into warm cabins. I never had a problem. But, I have only had one scope fog and Weaver replaced it even though it was very old with a lot of bluing missing.

Quick Reply: Zeiss scopes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.