Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Zeiss scopes

Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
jjo

Default RE: Zeiss scopes

i own both leupold and zeiss. i love my leupolds but my zeiss conquest picks up more light at dusk and dawn no doubt about it. never had any leaks in either.

jjo
Old 03-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always put Leupold on top of my gun's also,untill I my friend picked up a Zeiss and we went "head to head" at dusk one evening! The Zeiss won!!! Last X-mas I got my first Zeiss and it won't be my last...
Old 03-30-2006, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: coolbrze0

I've heard nothing but good about Zeiss riflescopes and I've looked through enough of them to know that I will probably mount one on my next rifle instead of my favorite -a Leupold. My bro worked for an outfitter in Alaska this summer and they swore by Leupolds, not that there's anything wrong w/ that, but they saidZeiss scopes leaked/fogged up. Anyone ever experience this?
Must be somehow sponsored or tied to Leupold to make a comment like that

We’ve sold our fair share of Zeiss over the last 30 years and I have never seen one leak or fog up. I would buy one with confidence…..In fact I already have!

Old 03-31-2006, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RifleScopes.com

Must be somehow sponsored or tied to Leupold to make a comment like that
Was thinking the same about you w/ all your Zeiss gear buddy! I'm in no way sponsored/tied to Loopy. Funny how all some jerks jump on someone for trying to research a $500+ item...
Old 03-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Riflescopes do you have on Zeiss underwear also. Its kinda ironic you make a post about someone being sponsored by or linked to Leupold and asking a questions about Zeiss's quality and then having everything but Carl Zeiss nail polish on.

IMO the Zeiss scopes are better then the Vari X's but I think the guy was asking an honest question about a product he's about to drop around 500$ on.

Coolbrez before you spend all that $ check out the Bushnell 4200's you can get them shipped from ebinoculars.com for 350 for a 2.5-10x40mm with firefly reticle and rainguard. They arent as good as the Zeiss but compared to my VX III's picked up more light at dusk. (Im not sponsored by Bushnell or Ebinoculars either) The only drawback is they dont have a ton of eye relief for the big calibers. Only about 3.3- 3.5
Old 03-31-2006, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: coolbrze0
My bro worked for an outfitter in Alaska this summer and they swore by Leupolds, not that there's anything wrong w/ that, but they saidZeiss scopes leaked/fogged up. Anyone ever experience this?
According to the original post it was some third party that said Zeiss leaked and fogged. My comment was referring to them not you of course.

I posted that picture on purpose. Thought it would be funny. Ya'll just took it wrong. That happens with type, because you can put your own feel to it.

I was not trying to bea jerk at all, just present some facts and try to get a smile out of ya'll.

Look, here I am a month later pimped out with Leupold gear. Gold ring 10x42 and VX-III 4.5-14x40.

I'm new here and its ya'lls house, I understand. If ya'll knew me a little better it would not have come across like that.

Chris
Old 03-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

All good. I'm just doing my research on a couple products I'm considering. I have no affiliation w/ Leupold or Zeiss, I just like their optics. I'm not sure about the outfitter he worked for. I was surprised when he said that, b/c I've heard Zeiss is one of the best. Most everyone swears by them, and I've looked through a lot of Zeiss scopes, but have never bought one.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Dominant Buck

I have owned 1 Zeiss scope for 15 years and it is just as good today as the day I bought it. Never a problem but to be honest the image through my newest scope which is a Leopold is just about as good in my aging eyes. Both are quality optics and I really can't tell the difference between the two.