Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV tires?

Old 02-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default ATV tires?

Going to be needing some new tires for the ATV come spring, they'll probobly make summer but thought getting new more aggressive rubber would be better for the spring mud conditions.

Anyone know of any good online tire stores? I'm thinking the SwampLites, but was wondering how much the ride is going to change compated to the stock tires. The lugging is pretty beefy on the SwampLites, but does seem to have a rather consistent "smooth surface" in the middle that appears would give a somewhat smooth ride on hard pack.

?
Old 02-18-2006, 11:27 AM

Default RE: ATV tires?

Goodyear mud runners are rated #1 all round tire. Even in stock size they are better in the mud then most and in keeping to the original size you loose no speed
Old 02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

The mudrunner ia an excellent all around tire.It pulls great in all conditions and rides smooth.The mud bugs and gators are also very good all terrain tires but are lower priced.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carlisle Trail Wolfs are about the best I have ever used![8D][8D]
Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am running my first set of ITP Mud Lites, as they were part of the deal on my quad. They pull and handle very well, so far I am impressed with no issues in 1000miles of variety use.

SJ's suggestion of the Maxxis Mud Bugs or GBC Gators is also a good one. I ran the bugs previously with great results. Also have a few buds who run the Gators & ITP 589's with equally good feedback. The 589's IMO have the roughest ride on hard pack of these mentioned.

Another decent mid level at is the kenda bearclaw. I have gotten good results from these on my lake units that see more hardpack but also the odd bit of slop. Not as strong as the others mentioned interms of mud or skeg/tough sluggin' but not a badskin with a nice ride.

Heard nothing but good about the fore mentioned Mudrunners, but too rich for my blood[&:].

Sorry haven't heard anything about the swamplites you mention.

Good Luck
Old 02-24-2006, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

So what’s the price on Mudrunners and can they be installed on Honda rims ?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mudrunners are quite expensive compared to most other tires,and yes they can be installed on honda rims.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Mudrunners are quite expensive compared to most other tires,and yes they can be installed on honda rims.
I guess I’ll have to check them out. Hopefully some one here carries them...
Old 02-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

The mudrunners are without a doubt the best tire that I have ever used.I tried the gators on my rubicon because the price was so much lower.The gators(and mud bugs)are verygood,but not as quitegood as the mudrunner.The bearclaws are less aggressive but do well in less swampy conditions.The carlisle trail wolves are not not in the same class as any of the other tires mentioned.The are basically a replacement for the tires that most quads are equipped with from the factory. I live inan area where we have a great deal of muskeg which is really a test for tires.As such almost everyone in the area changes their quad tires either before or after becoming stuck in the muskeg.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, OK.. You got me going... I’ll check them out for sure...

Quick Reply: ATV tires?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.