Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

lets see your boots

Old 01-17-2006, 02:49 PM

Default lets see your boots

okay, so i am in the market for a pair of boots, and would like to keep it under $200. i want something that will last me. my area is coniferous forests, and rolling foothills, with plenty of streams in between, so waterproof.

recomendations, small reviews maybe, and pics would be awesome....
thanks

[/align]
Old 01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: lets see your boots

Danner is the best In My opinion
Old 01-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most of my boots are hand-made western boots. Except I've always got a pair of Wolverines around for wet weather (yes, it was wet here.........once).
Old 01-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check out Redwings "Irish Setter" or Danners. I own both brands and have been extremely happy.

My Dannershave been the"Canadians" they have been put through the paces from our wet elk season (sept) to our whitetail season in November (snow and well below zero) and passed with flying colours. They maybe more money then what your wanting to spend though up here they run 400 range. My Irish Setters have been the Big Game Trackers, equally they have withstood the same hunting conditions. Although they don't stand up as well but at 150 bucks they have been a good boot.(prices are canadian btw) I also use these boots for winter wear, skidooing, ice fishing, etc. Coupled with good sock combosmy feet stay comfortable with either brand.

FYI, the danners being all leather have better ankle support than the model of Irish Setters I have, so make sure you consider that if you'll be tackling hillsides when comparing boots.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my rocky 1200 gram insulation boots i dont know of how deep of water you are talking about but this but will keep out water about 5 inchs above the ankles and will always keep you warm.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:52 PM

okay somebody told me that rocky boots leak, is this generally the case or did he just get a lemon.

[/align]
Old 01-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

irish setters are what I preffer but danners are great boots also I hate rockys never had a good pair
Old 01-18-2006, 03:06 PM

I also have the Danner Canadian's. They're just finally getting broken in, as during blackpowder and archery seasons I wear Lacrosse AlphaBurly's. These Danner's have exceptionally thick leather for long durability and a great treat pattern (airbob sole). They're a little on the heavy side, but you get great ankle support in return. Definitely recommended, but I do remember paying about $300 or so for them, which is certainly much more than your current budget. Danner does offer several other models, and I'm sure you can find one within your budget. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:45 PM

i like the l.l. bean boots but around here in southwest florida its hard to keep dry in aug bow season water were i hunt is usually about 3ft deep everywhere lol
Old 01-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

he just got a lemon pair of rockys mine have never leaked and they are very comfortable

Quick Reply: lets see your boots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.